News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

TourneyBot Updates May 2013

Started by Tom, May 07, 2013, 09:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Here is a pretty cool update:

TourneyBot now automatically imports the Bagolympic challonge brackets after each one is finished, automatically adding the results to the TPR ranks!

LuckyDice also gave approval for me adding a Bago thread in the TourneyBot Results forum.

There have been some other updates recently too.

If you are subscribed to tourneybot shouts and you login during registration of a tourney you will be told when it starts and how to register.

I also added a new match length setting for the Semi-Final matches.

Thanks!

Tom

diane

I also noticed that if you accidentally shout your registration..the bot adds you anyway :-)

I have had to stop shouting the instruction 'register ####'..the bot keeps calling me silly  :laugh:

These improvements really add to the experience - making it easier and easier for people to play - and for the tourneys to run themselves!

Thanks Tom
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tom

I saw a few new people register that way and figured Why Not?

I did not announce it because I am not sure we want *everyone* shouting their registration :)

But shouting 'tell tourneybot register ###' and 'register ###' both work

tom

jeeves

Some nice updates Tom, thank you.   :yes:

I also added a new match length setting for the Semi-Final matches.  What does this mean?

Tom

Quote from: jeeves on May 08, 2013, 03:31:49 PM
Some nice updates Tom, thank you.   :yes:

I also added a new match length setting for the Semi-Final matches.  What does this mean?

The semi-final matches are the ones that decide who is in the final match.

Typically we run 3/5's so if there were 16 players we'd have 4 rounds

3/3/3/5

But if we ran it as a 3/5/7 (3pt matches, 5pt semi-final and 7pt final) it would look like

3/3/5/7

If it was 8 players (3 rounds) then 3/5/7 but if only 2 rounds it would still be 3/5

does that help?

tom