News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Game 6, move 10 : Herd 6-5

Started by diane, June 16, 2013, 01:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

KDP

Spoiler
while there are 4 candidate plays to choose from in reality i think its down to 2.  any play slotting the bar is a blunder so it comes down to 13-2 or 13-8 10-4.  both still leave a blot, 13-2 stacks the 2 point while 13-8 10-4 stacks the 4.  i dont think there is a huge difference between the 2 but i would move 13-8 10-4 as i would rather have my spare checkers a little further back rather on the 2 pt.  13-8  10-4.
[close]

ah_clem

Spoiler

13/2 and 13/10 8/4 both leave 2 shakes to hit.  The other two plays leave a direct shot (11 shakes) so they are out.

Which play to make seems to depend on whether it's better to have a stack of 4 on the four or spares on both the two and four.  I like piling onto the four point, rather than burying a  - it's more flexible long term, but not by much.

So, play to the four point rather than burying a checker on the deuce.

13/10 8/4

[close]