Fixed board bug?

Started by paulie, May 11, 2014, 01:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulie

How many JavaFibs users use fixed boards?  Of those, how many use those with dynamic pip files in their configuration (such as pip1to12.gif, eg)?

As I stated in another thread, it appears that fixed boards which use dynamic pip files  display inconsistently. Now this is only from a few trials, but it appears to be incorrect before the game begins, corrects itself once the 1st game begins, then at some later game reverts to the incorrect formation.  This is the issue KMA first brought up in another thread. 

Just wondered if anyone else noticed this.  If you use a fixed board without annotated pips, (such as Alef's custom board) obviously you wouldn't notice.

If any of the programmers are still around, I'd like to hear what logic they used for placing the pip files.
I try to avoid experience; most experience is bad.   -Wilde

AllanM

Hi Paulie, I myself use the sizeable vector board and have noticed problems with the point numbers.  Sometimes both sides of the board are numbered 1-12, other times I click a checker to move it and all the point numbers change.  It would be good to get these things solved.  If you hover the mouse over the red text 'Javafibs' under match length you will see the 3 programmers claiming responsibility for this app, one of whom is Tom so maybe he could shed some light on how this is happening.  Be nice to get hold of the source if possible but can't see that happening.

paulie

I was wondering about the vectored boards.  So both types have problems.  I've solved my problem by doing what KMA suggested.  Since I always have my home board on the right side, I have hardwired the numbers onto background.gif and renamed the pip files so that Javafibs will not use them.

Allan, don't you have problems with checkers disappearing?  That's why I went to using fixed boards.
I try to avoid experience; most experience is bad.   -Wilde