News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

Saturday, May 9th - 19:00 GMT, Second exhibition match on FIBS

Started by stog, April 26, 2009, 03:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

Saturday, May 9th - 19:00 GMT, Second exhibition match on FIBS
Peter Schneider aka the juggler versus Matvey "Falafel" Natanzon (rated no. 1 on backgammon giants list)...... thx Tomawacky for organising

juggler

Hi,

I'm looking forward to this match, even though I don't feel I deserve it. But I'm determined to make it entertaining. The setup is promising: Excellent player against excellent roller :).

See you then!
Peter aka the juggler

stog

Tomawaky

Quote from: juggler on April 30, 2009, 01:00:55 PM
I'm looking forward to this match, even though I don't feel I deserve it. But I'm determined to make it entertaining. The setup is promising: Excellent player against excellent roller :).

:blink: you're quiet a good player Peter  :thumbsup:
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

juggler

Ah well, I would have liked to put up a better fight! But the goddess of luck is most elusive when you try to summon it ;-). And then I made one of the worst blunders in my life (passing a cube!), amazing. Falafel didn't only play well, he also saw right through me, which is something I didn't even consider. It felt like the class difference it is, respect and congratulations.

(As an aside, falafel mumbled something like he should give a lecture sometime -- dunno why that occured to him! --, and I said that he would be very welcome on FIBS; I suggested some of us could pay him by playing a chouette with him at the next Nordic Open! He laughed.)

I'll post an annotated match here soon, maybe tonight (busy with my mom today). I don't know whether falafel could be persuaded to add his own comments?

juggler

I have uploaded an analysis including some commentary to http://www.schneiderp.de/private_life/bg/matches/. Check it out, it's quite interesting, especially the double/drop in game 3. I appreciate comments, here or via email or fibs shouts or message in a bottle  ;), so if you are itching to say something go ahead.

socksey

Wow!  I'm a world class player!   :lol:

Thanks for sharing!  Sorry, I didn't get to see it live, but I went through every single move from the post.   :yes:

socksey

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant; it is just that they know so much that isn't so."  Ronald Reagan 1911~2004

Tomawaky

Here is my analysis with some kibitzing from watchers

http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/Exhibition.htm

Feel free to send me comment I will add them ;-)
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

juggler

Hi Franck,

You did a lot of work, thanks. How did you manage to remember the position a particular kibitz referred to? I wish one could amend a fibs client to save kibitzes and whispers as annotations to the respective current position.

I'm reading right now. One remark: I'm sure everybody can guess things but still -- maybe you should set the export language to English? Just setting the language under "Réglage/Language" ;-) and exporting again will do.

Best, Peter

Tomawaky

It has been corrected. Sorry for the french :-)
Not easy to remember that's true. Just copy paste and roll number. But it is hard to do and I do not follow the match  :( just here to copy paste.
And with my monitor which has crashed jut before the start, it was really not easy on my laptop.
So there is maybe some errors, but I think it's quiet correct.