News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

Does tourneybot watch the matchlength of a match?

Started by diane, May 07, 2004, 08:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

A question arose tonight - i entered a short tourney (3 pt normal) - and was paired first with a player i am scheduled to play a 7 pointer with in another tourney.  I am not sure how the bot works on this - does it see the matchlength and know which tourney the win goes to?

I withdrew - to be on the safe side - had visions of it awarding the oldest match first - and then us having to play again!!
Never give up on the things that make you smile

MadMatt

It does determine which tourney you're playing by the match length, so it would have been safe to play the 3-ptr.

The only problem would arise if you were paired with the same person in two different tourneys with both matches of the same length. In this case, the older tourney (or rather, the tourney with the lower number) would be considered first.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

webrunner

QuoteIt does determine which tourney you're playing by the match length, so it would have been safe to play the 3-ptr.

The only problem would arise if you were paired with the same person in two different tourneys with both matches of the same length. In this case, the older tourney (or rather, the tourney with the lower number) would be considered first.
Why would that be a problem?
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

diane

Well - the situation would be - that if you were playing in a longer running tourney - with, say a week to complete a match, and you played in a quick tourney - the oldest one would register first - so you would have to play the one for the current tourney right after - which would slow the 'fast' tourney down some (or a lot - depending on player :rolleyes: ). But overall - now i know that - it is highly unlikely to be a problem - and the moral remains - play your matches as soon as possible !!
Never give up on the things that make you smile