News:

Look into the LINKS section. Please add your favorite backgammon links.

Main Menu

Problem With Undocked Windows

Started by fowgre, October 14, 2005, 08:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fowgre

For the past 24 hours or so I've had a hell of a time. Whenever I would invite somebody and they accepted, or I was invited and accepted, whether it was a new match or a saved one, JavaFIBS (latest version) would freeze on me. It didn't say that I was disconnected, but it was completely unresponsive. The only thing that I could do was click on disconnect and then log back on again. I was able to send messages to the server and to other players okay, and I could read the replies and the shouts, but I couldn't play. People were getting upset with me, because all of the matches were being started and I was dropping. My list of saved games was growing like it had cancer! I spent hours asking other players, checking for malware, uninstalling/reinstalling JavaFIBS. It didn't occur to me that all the problems had started after I had adopted the habit of undocking the board and the player table (put them in separate windows). As soon as I tried keeping them all together again, problem solved :)))

cthulhu

Thanks for reporting this bug. I will fix this as soon as possible.