News:

check out the new Small ads section (Menu top left of  front page ... Snowie 4! SOLD!!!!advertise on fibsboard and turn all that "hanging around software "into ready cash -- small ads just £5!!!

Main Menu

Game 2, move 4 : Herd Cube Decision

Started by diane, July 10, 2013, 12:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

I thought I would hold up for a moment and see if the Herd fancied a cube at this point..
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Zorba

Spoiler

Several features make this position really strong for us (c.q. weak for Roderick):

• Roderick's three backmen on our acepoint. Always a considerable weakness, but here it's worse because:
  • We made our barpoint and have plenty of spares to extend that mini-prime
  • We have direct shots at two of Roderick's homeboard blots
  • We (almost) escaped one backman
  • We got a nice racing advantage
  • Roderick's flexibility is seriously hampered by his stripped midpoint and eightpoint

All this looks like it's clearly good enough for a cube, even though we haven't made a homeboard point yet. Our doubles play well to very well, other good rolls might be followed by something awkward for opponent.Even if we get a "nothing roll", we're still looking pretty good with Roderick having to clear up pretty awkward blots, and develop his backcheckers quickly at the same time.

Let opponent worry about the take!
[close]
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

Julia_H

Spoiler
Plenty of gammon threats here - scooping up one or two more men, priming the passive White stack on our ace - and no seriously bad numbers. Ship it over.
[close]

Roderick

Voting seems to be nearly over.....

I'm going to pass.  I might take this against a much weaker opponent and try to develop a backgame.

But against the herd I think I'd be pushing my luck.