News:

You can now show us where you live by placing a pin on the Google map in your profile.

Main Menu

First FLG Team League

Started by Tomawaky, November 17, 2008, 12:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomawaky

I know that many of you like playing in team and now that all past tourneys have disappear, I decided to create one at FLG. This will be the first time here and I hope this will be a new kind of excitement and a great competition.

Register your Team by sending me the composition by email.

Tomawaky @ Fibs
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

spielberg

Excellent Tomawaky, yet again you're good for fibsters. There's work in progress to allow TourneyBot to watch for teamleague matches by the way. Ask sixty_something or Tom for details.

I can't post our entry yet as resh is in Vegas and I need to check but..... coming soon (I hope) to a Team League near you ----- "GO team Jewfucks"

Tom

Yes let's talk about it, and see what TB can do to help.

Depending upon how it works, it may take longer to be useful.

tom

Tomawaky

Not sure a Bot is necessary.
I have already made all.
Players only need to register their match as for the league.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

adrian

Any Team wants me in? I will take the first offer.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

sixty_something

:cool: thanks, Tomawaky, for setting it up .. i simulated the results and predict great success for a new FLG Team League

p.s. FYI, for those new to Team League, the old Team Leagues forum here at FIBSboard contains predictions, results, and even a few issues from two previous TL seasons .. i used a simulation model to predict the outcome of the last two seasons with pretty good results ..  see TL5 Predictions for last seasons final predictions
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

Tomawaky

Ok Good news  :thumbsup2: All the teams are here to get this First :beerdrinkers:
I wish you all the best for this new year to come and the dices to be with you. :veryhappy:

I declare the first Team League session Open :thumbsup:

stog

xcellent setup mr wacky tom nice site- like the posting method

merci biengggggg

felice annee neuovo (fritaliano)

Tomawaky

thanks
this is the first time.

Post here any trouble you have with the website to improve it

stog

no trouble

but if you get the time, could the names of members of teams be included in a seperate viewable panel on the standings page so when we see the crawford division for example we can see who we have to play (maybe even who we have played)

we could of course do that ourselves so don't worry!

thx again

Tomawaky

Quote from: stog on December 29, 2008, 01:26:51 AM
but if you get the time, could the names of members of teams be included in a seperate viewable panel on the standings page so when we see the crawford division for example we can see who we have to play (maybe even who we have played)

Is that page isn't enough ?
http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/TEAMListeEquipes.php

stog

xcellent thx

best wishes for 2009

Tomawaky

434 matches played until today !

There is 22 Teams in 3 division => 70 Team Matches * 9 Individual Matches = a total of 630 Matches

So we played actually 69%. Do you think is it necessary to let one more month (at the end of march) to finish the Team League ?

sixty_something

while compiling my unofficial standings recently, i noticed two teams with less than half their matches played .. so, some may need more time than others and the wild card race is going to be very close .. i'd hate to see it be determined with any uncompleted team matches, but that happens .. i'd vote for keeping the same end date, 28-Feb or "2 months", as originally stated in the rules

Quote from: Rules and description of the TEAM League tournament.The first Team League tournament will start the First January 2009. Last registration here or by email (to me) => 28 december 2008.
The session will run for 2 months.

btw, congrats, Tomawaky, on a very successful first FLG TL season  :thumbsup2:
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

dorbel

I vote for no extra time. Two  months is plenty of time to play 18 five point matches. A simple way of awarding forfeits might be to award the individual match to the team that has completed the greater number of their matches by February 28th! Just a thought.