News:

Please consider re-bookmarking your link to Fibsboard's Home page for a complete experience http://www.fibsboard.com

Main Menu

Game 1, move 26, The Herd to play 2-2

Started by Zorba, July 04, 2010, 10:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorba

Another string of forced, obvious and insignificant plays:

Herd 66: B/19 19/13(3) last vote
dorbel 63: 5/off 5/2 forced
Herd 64: 13/7 10/6 pretty obvious and insignificant
dorbel 53: 5/off 2/off
Herd 52: 13/6 obvious
dorbel 43: 2/off(2)

and now the Herd rolls a 2-2:

XGID=----BBDAA-A--D---------ag-:1:1:1:22:0:0:0:5:10
GNUBg Id: fwEAALC9Eg8AAA:UQmpAAAAAAAA

The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

ah_clem

Spoiler

8/6 because it moves a checker into the homeboard without any wastage, then 13/11(3) to make three more transitions.
[close]

diane

Quote from: sixty_something on July 05, 2010, 02:39:03 AM
Spoiler
we are gammoned even with back to back 55 or 66 unless we move 13/11 (4), but my original vote was for 8/6 13/11 (3), too .. nice pick for a problem Zorba .. it looked trivial at first
[close]

Spoiler
No, cant count that to make it happen...maybe I will set it up on the board to prove it to myself...

But my reasoning now says if we move 8/6 13/11 (3), we end up with a pip on 13, instead of one on the 11 AND one on the 8 - and I cant see how that changes our transition requirements...
[close]

If you changed your mind, you didnt change your vote yet.

[and what luxury to be able to see the board next to the options and when I am replying to make sure I get the numbers right...this is ACE!!  :cool:]
Never give up on the things that make you smile

sixty_something

Spoiler
nm, i didn't have my glasses on and couldn't tell there were two extra checkers on the ace point  :wacko:
so, we are not necessarily gammoned .. i think i'll delete that last post and leave my vote as is
[close]

yeah, obviously i really like this new layout too .. i used a lot of energy trying to get the board image in the poll adopted .. this new layout is better still particularly with not having to depend on external image hosting web sites .. hmmm, progress and consensus? could this really be FIBS related? ;)
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

PersianLord

The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

Zorba

XG rollout:

Spoiler

The obvious play, making 4 cross-overs without wasting a pip, is right; 7/5 instead of 13/11 is also good. The play to avoid is 13/11 10/6 8/6, which makes only three cross-overs where you can make four. We're pretty desperate to save the gammon here, so we need some good high doubles anyhow, best to minimize cross-overs and prepare for those 5-5's or 6-6's we're gonna get!

1. Rollout¹    13/11(3) 8/6                 eq:-2,228
      Player  : 0,00% (G:0,00% B:0,00%)
      Opponent: 100,00% (G:93,35% B:0,00%)
      Confidence: ± 0,001 (-2,229<E<-2,227)
      Duration: 0,3 second

2. Rollout¹    13/11(2) 8/6 7/5             eq:-2,230 (-0,002)
      Opponent: 100,00% (G:93,54% B:0,00%)
      Confidence: ± 0,001 (-2,231<E<-2,229)

3. Rollout¹    13/11 10/6 8/6               eq:-2,285 (-0,058)
      Opponent: 100,00% (G:97,56% B:0,00%)
      Confidence: ± 0,001 (-2,286<E<-2,284)

¹ 2592 Games rolled with Variance Reduction.
  Moves: 1 ply, cube decisions: 3 ply Red

eXtreme Gammon Version: 1.14, MET: Rockwell-Kazaross

[close]
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

Zorba

Quote from: diane on July 05, 2010, 03:54:02 AM
[and what luxury to be able to see the board next to the options and when I am replying to make sure I get the numbers right...this is ACE!!  :cool:]

Quote from: sixty_something on July 05, 2010, 04:22:47 AM
yeah, obviously i really like this new layout too .. i used a lot of energy trying to get the board image in the poll adopted .. this new layout is better still particularly with not having to depend on external image hosting web sites .. hmmm, progress and consensus? could this really be FIBS related? ;)

:laugh: Thanks for the efforts, sixty, stog, diane, this is indeed a great solution we have now!  :cool:

Luck is my main skill

sixty_something

all thanks to mr. and mrs. stog .. they earned my pint and more just helping get this new format working .. in case you are a reader and don't know what that means, check out Ads or Donors? in the lower right corner of the homepage and become a VIP FIBSboard donor

stoggie and i hope mrs. stog have been a lot easier to get along with since i sent them my first pint :beerdrinkers:
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me