News:

Look into the LINKS section. Please add your favorite backgammon links.

Main Menu

Game 1, move 29, The Herd to play 2-1

Started by Zorba, July 07, 2010, 01:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorba

The Herd moved the 6-1 13/6 after all, dorbel 4-1 1/off(2) and YES!!! the Herd rolls the 5-5 bringing four in with 11/6(3) 10/5, dorbel rolls a 6-1 1/off(2), and...

We roll 2-1.

XGID=----BCIA----------------b-:1:1:1:21:0:0:0:5:10
GNUBg Id: AwAAwO6/AAAAAA:UYmoAAAAAAAA
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

ah_clem

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Are you asking whether Backgammon itself is the cruelest game, or whether this particular game is the the cruelest game of backgammon ?

The second one is easy - I've seen  worse in only the past week.  (cf my recent league match against juggler) As for the first question, my vote for cruelest game would be a haggis eating contest.

blitzxz

This game reminds me of one saying. I would rather win with mistake then lose with correct play. I voted for pass and that would have been my winning mistake in this match (maybe).

RickrInSF

i still think we had a chance, if we had kept our block on the one and not hit (and i think we would not have gotten gammoned, even if we didn't get lucky)

sixty_something

wait a minute, aren't we playing with Acey-Deucey rules?
Quote from: American Acey-Deucey Rules
Acey-deucey: The roll of 1 and 2 (acey-deucey) is especially valuable. When you roll 1-2, this is what happens:

• First you play the 1 and 2 in the normal way.
  • Then you name any roll of doubles you wish and play it accordingly.
  • Then you roll again and play the roll as usual.
  • If the number rolled is another 1-2, you keep going—naming and playing a double of your choice, and then rolling again.

Note, however, if you are unable to use any part of your roll, you forfeit the rest of your turn. For example, if you can move your 2 but cannot use the 1, you may not name a double and you may not roll again
in Acey-Duecey it truly ain't over 'til it's over!

my dad knew Acey-deucey from his days as a corpsman pharmacists mate second class aboard the USS Solace hospital ship in the Pacific in WW II .. he was not much of a gamer as an adult, so we never played .. his first duty was on the black sand beaches of Iwo Jima picking up _______ ... you can join me at the bar and buy me a bottle of Jim Beam .. i'll tell you the rest of that story .. it requires a fifth of Jimbo to tell and to hear
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

ah_clem

We played Acey-deucey when I was a kid, but the rules were even worse than the link.  Any double meant you got to roll again, and in the bearoff the number had to be exact, e.g. if you had a stack of checkers on the one point, you couldn't take one off unless you rolled a one.  This made it even more of a luck-fest than the usual rules. 

diane

:lol: :lol:

Love the poll - and now I can come back from the bar...only 1 point down in this match  ;)   :laugh: :laugh:
Never give up on the things that make you smile