News:

check out the new Small ads section (Menu top left of  front page ... Snowie 4! SOLD!!!!advertise on fibsboard and turn all that "hanging around software "into ready cash -- small ads just £5!!!

Main Menu

Game 2, move 5, dorbel to play 2-2

Started by Zorba, July 13, 2010, 11:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorba

The Herd played B/20 24/20, now dorbel has a 2-2 to play:

XGID=a-a---DAB---dD---d-eB---B-:0:0:-1:22:0:4:1:5:10
GNUBg Id: 4PPgAUjgNXjAMA:sAGpAEAAAAAA

I think this might be my last post for a while, if diane (or someone else) wants to continue, I've attached the matchfile.
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

dorbel

A nice thing about this format is the luxury of being able to think about a play for an hour. However, the key piece of information needed to solve this one is staring me in the face and it's the pipcount. I am the clear leader, so any play involving making an anchor, particularly one as deep as the 23pt, is out. I don't want to make a point that I will have to break later, probably when the team has more threats than it does at this moment. So, if I don't want an anchor, Bar/21 is half the play and then it seems pretty clear that 6/4(2) is the rest of it. That has to be better than 13/11(2), better point and doesn't strip the midpoint. The team will probably have to attack me, but as they have four men back already and no points made, I can face a blitz attempt without too many qualms. Had they made the 5pt earlier of course, the game would look a bit different now.
Sorry to see that we won't have Zorba's hand on the tiller for a while. His understanding of the positions and concise analysis has been excellent, adding greatly to the value of the exercise.

ah_clem

If diane (or someone else) doesn't pick it up by Sunday I will. 

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

It works for me.  It seems to be missing the last roll (2-2) but otherwise looks right.

.mat is a standard format, common since jellyfish.  Both gnubg and XG support it.