News:

howdy HNY 2023
just sorting out Fibsboard a bit basically archiving it & updating the software to protect the database

let me know of any problems/ideas thx

should be easier to view on mobile devices now that's it's a more responsive design

Main Menu

Question about search

Started by webrunner, September 18, 2006, 07:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webrunner

Quote from: diane on September 18, 2006, 07:33:27 PM
New discoveries...I tried searching for the post I made under kid_pantyhose and velodrome (which i figured was a pretty unique term) neither search found the post I am looking for (or any results at all in fact)  Any other ideas?

My messages shows I have 13 messages, but on clicking my inbox, it says it is empty.... :(

But hey - I can edit out my mistakes now  :thumbsup2:

Perhaps we need a new topic for questions specific to use of the new board?  ;)
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

webrunner

I have build a full text index of the forum database. It should work better now. Tell me if it does or doesn't please :)
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

webrunner

BTW: make sure that you are on the forum index when you perform a quick search to search the whole forum. The quick search always searches that part that you are looking at. So if you are in a forum it searches that forum only and if you are in a topic it only searches that topic.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

diane

I found the message answer - I have 13 in my 'sent' mailbox, though that doesnt explain where the contents of my inbox went on the transfer...I could have sworn I left something in it...

Ok - the missing post - this is puzzling, the search works much better now, in that if I do the search for 'velodrome' in the main forum - it finds two posts, this one - and the one the quote came from...hmm wonder if I used capital letters anywhere - off to try that next. Nope - that didnt affect anything - so it seems that post might be missing - (including scardy's reply) which is odd if all the posts are here somewhere.  Anyone got a magnifying glass, and I may need a cup of tea.... :kaffeepc:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

webrunner

Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

diane

Ok - I am absolutely sure that the kid_pantyhose in Manchester post is not on this new board.  The thread is still in the google cache - and probably on the wayback machine...

http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:5VyFb7uUTDkJ:www.fibsboard.com/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D1397+site:www.fibsboard.com+kid_pantyhose&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=13

But searching here - and googling for here (which is easier, since it isnt case sensitive) does not find those posts.  Not by searching under scardy's posts, or anything else.

I will repost that post - so I can add the photos, but I thought it would be useful for you to know - since you have the same number of posts now as before  :wacko:. (Incidentally, my total number of posts didnt go down any...)

Tomawaky

So fine  :cool:
Here is the old good looking  :blush:
Tanks you Diane for remember me  :thumbsup2:
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

webrunner

Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

diane

It might just be - and that would also explain some things. -When I click on that link - I get this screen...

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

webrunner

Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

diane