News:

"Fibsboard allows for more considered reading and response, whereas Fibs shout is a more intuitive interaction"

Main Menu

Exception when trying to install JavaFIBS 2001 1009 on Kubuntu 6.10

Started by Tygger2512, November 22, 2006, 02:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tygger2512

Hi,

I've just downloaded the Zip file for JavaFIBS2001 and extracted it into my home folder.  I changed to the JavaFIBS2001 directory in a Konsole window and executed the following command:

java -classpath JavaFIBS.jar JavaFIBS2001

This is the error message that I got:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: JavaFIBS2001

I have JRE 1.5 installed.  Please could you advise me on what I need to do to fix this problem?

Regards,
Andy Mason

Tygger2512

Thanks for the tip Burper.  With a little tweaking I got an icon on the desktop for my wife so she can run it without going to the command line.  Here's what I did:

JavaFIBS 2001 files are located in ~/JavaFIBS2001

In Kate, I created a file in the JavaFIBS2001 directory named javafibs.sh which contained these commands:

cd ~/JavaFIBS2001
java -jar JavaFIBS_1009_J15.jar JavaFIBS2001

I made ~/JavaFIBS2001/javafibs.sh executable using chmod +x and then created a link to application on the desktop, which has a command of

~/JavaFIBS2001/javafibs.sh

and a work path of

~/JavaFIBS2001/

I went into the advanced options and checked the Run in Terminal box, changed the icon to use the one for KBackgammon, and voila, she has access to JavaFIBS 2001 from an icon on her desktop.

Hope this helps anyone else like me who's new to Linux and trying to figure this stuff out.

Thanks one again for your help, Burper.

Regards,
Andy.