News:

VIP Donor members get fewer ads;  Donate - don't be late
cheers

Main Menu

Updating rules for the FLG

Started by Tomawaky, March 16, 2008, 08:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomawaky

I consider changing rules about moving down and up players into division at each end of a session to promote new players to going up if they deserve.

Here is a first try and certainly a first step for the next session. I wait about your feedback and any other ideas.

MASTER LEAGUE :
There is 2 Master divisions, A and B of 12 players.
Two 11-Pt Semi-Final between the winner of one league and the second of the other will determine the League's Final which should be played in 13Pts, and the winner to become the new League's Champion.
The 3 last players of each division will move DOWN to the Gold League.

GOLD LEAGUE :
With 2 divisions of 13 players, the top 3 players of each will move UP to the Master League, and the last 4DOWN to the Silver League.

SILVER LEAGUE :
With 3 divisions of 14 players, the top 2 players of each, and the 2 best scores between the 3rd and new comers, will move UP to the Gold League, and the last 5 DOWN to the Bronze League.

BRONZE LEAGUE :
This league is divided in 4 parts (max of 15 players). The top 3 players of each, plus the 3 best new comers, will move UP to the Silver League.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

reon

I think this is a good idea to encourage new comers.  Although it does make the Silver league a dangerous place to be, with more than the bottom third relegated.  Getting the balance right is a tricky thing.

Tomawaky

You're right. What decided me is that some people don't play all off their match in silver. So if you play all of yours. It's getting more easy.
And there is 14 players so 5 down and 2 up = 7 who stay.

Interested to hear other point of view...
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

mradica

Fine idea Frank to give chance for good newcomers to jump direct into Gold or Silver division.
Also think that increase to 13 players for Gold is okay too.
It gives a little bit better chance for players who play in Gold and Silver one or more session during a year to play more matches and get more Masters points than before.

Can you explain me this part for Silver division:
"...and the 2 best scores between the 3rd and new comers.." ?

Is there some extra matches here?

Tomawaky

I mean the 2 players with the more pts from Silver and Bronze division for newers.