News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

JavaFIBS 2001 v1.011 is now available for download

Started by cthulhu, March 17, 2008, 08:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu

The following has been fixed since last week.Thank you Ingo for the work. The version is available from http://www.fibs.com/javafibs/

v1.011 (20080317)
------
* Change: Use a darker color for numeric labels in statistic graph, former color was hard to read on grey background (inim)
* Fix: Newly created "User Programmable Button" did not appear in the GUI (or appeared broken, depending on JDK version) (bug 093, inim)
* Fix: "Automatic Jellyfish export" did not work as advertised (bug 085, inim)
* Fix: First login after running with non-existing preferences (either new install or new user) failed to login at first attempt (inim)
* Fix: Profile Names with space(s) caused login problems, plus some more tricky PPP parser stability improvements (bug 089, inim)
* Fix: Unnecessary textures and untested boards erraneously shipped with 1.010, reverted to 1.009 w/r to both (bug 087, inim)
* Fix: Worked around a parser bug which sometimes crashed JF after FIBS quakes, it now silently recovers (bug 097, inim)

Tomawaky

I tried to do my own board but I have pb about dice position.
It seems to change depending of the dice value ! Right ?
So sometimes a dice hide another. How can I manage this ?
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Tomawaky

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

cthulhu

Nice board!

If I remember correctly you need to have a one die space between the dice to make them not overlap. I think both dice are randomly moved up to 1/2 a dice in any direction. It's been a long time since I made the code.  B)

Taken from the JF2001 manual in the custom board creation: "Note: The dice area should be at least two dice in height and one die width from each other since JavaFIBS randomize the location for each dice with a value from 0 to half a dice from each die location."

Tomawaky

Thanks I wil try to correct this and will post the final result as soon it will be ok

Tomawaky

Here are the result  :laugh:
Tell me how do you find my board  :thumbsup2:

cthulhu

It is a really good looking board  Franck, although your checkers-on-bar metrics are a little off unfortunately.

Tomawaky

Quote from: cthulhu on March 26, 2008, 10:03:39 PM
It is a really good looking board  Franck, although your checkers-on-bar metrics are a little off unfortunately.

I did not test already normal.metrics cause I use reverse.metrics.
Have you seen this trouble in normal or in reverse mode ? or in both ?
If you can post a jpg. I am not sure to understand what is a little off the bar !

cthulhu

Yes, the problem is in the normal.metrics. It's easier if you would check it yourself. Just watch a bot play when you have the normal board on. The checkers are not on the bar when they are hit, they are in the left quadrant. I also noticed that they are not placed in the home correctly either when you have moved them out.

Tomawaky

Quote from: cthulhu on March 27, 2008, 09:40:33 PM
Yes, the problem is in the normal.metrics. It's easier if you would check it yourself. Just watch a bot play when you have the normal board on. The checkers are not on the bar when they are hit, they are in the left quadrant. I also noticed that they are not placed in the home correctly either when you have moved them out.

ok thanks I will correct this