News:

howdy HNY 2023
just sorting out Fibsboard a bit basically archiving it & updating the software to protect the database

let me know of any problems/ideas thx

should be easier to view on mobile devices now that's it's a more responsive design

Main Menu

Team Match FIBS - GAMMONZONE

Started by Tomawaky, May 18, 2009, 06:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorbel

The first leg is on fibs. For the return match, http://www.safeharborgames.net/ is the address. You'll need to register and download. Log in, go to backgammon and gammonzone is in room TR10. Click on the icon of the table that you want to watch.
Playing shouldn't pose any difficulties for experienced fibsters and the help desk is quick and helpful. Not as good as fibs of course, but a nice free site with other games.

adrian

Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

Tomawaky

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

adrian

:unhappy: I am not sure here, can the gammonzoners play 9 pointers on fibs with such low experience? Does anybody know?
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

dorbel

stog

latest/final report:  dorbel takes final match making it fibs 3 gammonzone 2 ---
next matches are on their server..
well done all -good matches to watch :)

results

TheCube12-6Cubehead
Zorba6-10jimschothorst
roadkillbooks9-4wuffers
elmicho3-10ExxWhy
dorbel9-5LAT_Ronald

all 9 Pts Matches

Tomawaky

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Tomawaky

The Second match will be held at GZ this sunday  :thumbsup2:

If you want to support our team :cool: you can look at the link for Safe Harbor games (SHG) where GammonZone plays.

http://www.safeharborgames.net

They ask some basic questions like are you 13 years old, your player nick name, etc and then download the software.  Once you are done you will see several games, click on the dice for backgammon and look for The Helm â€" Tournament under which you will see TR10 GammonZone.  That’s here !  If you have any problems please use the “Contact us” link on the main page for SHG.  They are very helpful.

You can see here too the schedule

Zorba

I've been looking around onf the SHG site but I have no clue how to actually play backgammon. I downloaded something, but that doesn't play backgammon. If I click on a bg room (which room should I go to?), Firefox asks me which application to use. Some instructions would be very welcome!
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

Zorba

Ok, I figured it out, with help from jdg on FIBS. Should anyone else have a problem like me, here's the solution: If, after installing the software and registering, Firefox (or maybe IE too) pops up a "Launch..." window asking you which application to use for the (room) link, go to your C:/Program Files or where you installed it, then SafeHarborGames.net/SHG and click SafeHarborGames.EXE.

See ya tomorrow!  :)
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

Tomawaky

spielberg

FIBS 2 Gammon Zone Nil , Rien , Nada (God we were lucky!)