News:

Add your picture URL in your profile.

Main Menu

save preferences

Started by jtemp, April 13, 2004, 05:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtemp

i play java for 1 week now..............iMAC OSX

everytime i startup.. i have to set the pref.
making a new friendlist, set my profile , choose a boardstyle, ect

can one keep that setting?????
hup holland hup

tryout

It should save the prefs automatically at programme termination. Try to exit via the menu "Javafibs/Exit" not clicking the window button. If it's not that check the permissions for the install folder and files (unlikely).
GammonLeague -- Join free Backgammon tournaments
[size=8] [/size]
FIBS TEAM League -- Play Backgammon with friends in a team

diane

Yes - i am confused about this one - mine always saves - wether i close from the window or exit - so it must be something more to do with the computer or installation side - i know it is a bind - but could a reinstallation help?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

cthulhu

You need to use the Exit option in the JavaFIBS menu (as tryout wrote) and not the quit option from the Mac menu for the preferences to be saved properly. This is specific for MacOSX and a very common question.

zorakj

I'm so glad these question has already been answered!  Thanks!

Chris

socksey

Quoteazoth - hopefully diane's pointer fixed your problem but I'll post it in plain text in case it did not.
NB this is a known problem on Macs: You need to use the Exit option in the JavaFIBS menu and not the quit option from the Mac menu for the preferences to be saved properly. This is specific for MacOSX and a very common question.

This applies to pc's also, only with pc's, the "disconnect" option must be used instead of the "exit" option when leaving in order for input info to be saved, i.e., friends, preferences, etc.

socksey

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate