News:

VIP Donor members can now access VIP articles on the random photos that appear on the front page, with links & larger images..

Main Menu

Trying to move/save old match stats to new computer

Started by truxtun, January 16, 2014, 10:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truxtun

Can this be done (easily)? Will the old ones merge with new?

Thanks,

Brad (truxtun)

stog

do you mean the 'match statistics' on Fibs?

if so then surely they will remain (on the fibs server) and be picked up by your fibs client on your new computer

what fibs client do you use ? and do you export the stats to a file system on your home computer etc?

this topic may well be needed to be moved to the FIBS section or fibs client section as you have posted in the fibsboard feedback area

look at the boards and categories here http://www.fibsboard.com/forum/ before posting, and please use the Search facility

welcome to fibsboard btw

topics merged today by stog 23/1/14 2300

truxtun

Hello!

I'm changing out computers and my built up history of match stats and ratings does not move over to my new computer.  It still is accessible on the old machine, but on my new Mac my history is gone and it started a fresh record.

My rating, experience and rep listing is just fine.  It's just on the tools/statistics side that it's gone.

Would like to merge the old records into the new if possible.

Any guesses how?

Thanks,

truxtun

AllanM

Brad, Stog asked you which client you are using which you have not answered.  The solution to your problem will be dependant on the client you use.  I only have experience of Javafibs, where the statistics are held under the 'user' folder (...Downloads\JavaFIBS2001_v1012\JavaFIBS2001\user on Windows).  If you copy this folder from your old machine to new it will copy across your ratings history etc.  The individual match details are held in ...\Downloads\JavaFIBS2001_v1012\JavaFIBS2001\matches\internal so this folder would also need to be copied across to move match history.  As with all things, take a complete copy of the client download folder before overwriting anything so you can restore from that should it not work.

truxtun

Thanks Allan:

That got me closer.  I'm on Javafibs.  I found the files.  I can open the file and then the document on the old system and I can see the listing of all the info - the same as on the new computer.

BUT, when when I try to drag the document to a thumb drive to bring over to the new computer it turns in an executable file instead of a document.  From that point I'm stuck.  Trying to open it picks up "command not found" message and it tries to open the file in either Console or Terminal apps.

Sorry to be stupid.  Thought that if it stayed as a document I might be home free.

Going back to the old files again to see about saving and moving them some other way may help.

Any further thoughts are greatly appreciated - thanks much for the help!

Brad

truxtun

Got it.  Did some surfing and decided to try adding a suffix of .txt to the file and it converted.  Was able to copy onto the present (newer) file and everything merged perfectly.

Thank you all for your help, dumping the old computer now! Yahoo!

truxtun

AllanM