News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

Little bug sorting by ratings

Started by Palomar, July 14, 2005, 11:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palomar

What does the Bible say about the last ones becoming the firsts? Well it seems to apply to FIBS: if you sort by ratings and someone has a rating under 1000 (yes, it seems possible!), then that person is placed at the bottom, as if he had the best rating of all.

Odd, isn't it?

Palomar

amarganth

I haven't checked it.

If the sort is by character, instead of number, then it is a common IT problem:
  "981" > "2143".
To be is to do
          Sokrates
To do is to be
          Sartre
Do be do be do
          Sinatra

socksey

Bottom is best?  Well, maybe in some things it's the easy way.   :rolleyes:    :lol:

socksey

"I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder." - Steven Wright  

spielberg

socksey

Somehow, I knew!   :lol:

socksey

"The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread." - Steven Wright

diane

QuoteWhat does the Bible say about the last ones becoming the firsts? Well it seems to apply to FIBS: if you sort by ratings and someone has a rating under 1000 (yes, it seems possible!), then that person is placed at the bottom, as if he had the best rating of all.

Odd, isn't it?

Palomar
I dont know cocoafibs - not having a mac myself - but in sorting, it is typical to put the highest at the top, just as in any alphabetical list 'A' is at the top. Java has the same format - maybe we all naturally follow that biblical order!  ;)  
Never give up on the things that make you smile