News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

Homeboard hitter!

Started by PillowFighter, October 13, 2017, 10:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PillowFighter

Hi!

Is it Friday? Oh yes! :-)

The other day I made a rather huge error hitting in the outfield instead of hitting in my homeboard. Hitting in the outfield (or opponent homeboard) will gain more in the race and you don't risk a direct hit from the bar. Hitting in your homeboard can prevent your opponent from getting an anchor at the risk of a hit from the bar but if missed you may get another board point quickly.

Now I can practice a bit more on this type of situation with the latest training track:

Homeboard hitter! Should you go for that homeboard hit preventing your opponent to anchor up or gain more in the race with an outfield hit instead?

The first position I ran into when trying it out for the first time was rather amusing. So many possibilities and all of them are very tempting! I got that one right but bombed out on the next position so odds are good this one is just as difficult as the previous training tracks! :-)

This is the 97'th training track! Enjoy! :-)

Backgammon Studio The Swiss Army knife of backgammon!

Best regards,
TP