News:

we welcome new Sponsors..keep the board going.....advertise your thing for a modest donation contact the webmaster@fibsboard.com

Main Menu

Ratings criteria

Started by SoSoSo, January 11, 2008, 07:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoSoSo

What are the factors for how much your rating goes up or down?  If you resign as a backgammon instead of a 1 pt. game, does your rating go down more than it would than if you resigned as a 1 pt. game?  I ask this because someone told me it doesn't matter how much you lose by as far as your rating goes, the only thing FIBS cares about is if you win or lose.  They went on further to explain that the factors for your rating were based on certain criteria such as if you were playing someone with a higher rating than you.  Where can I view the FIBS rating criteria?

SoSoSo

P.S. I'm using CocoaFibs.  I am not sure if the rating criteria is different on different FIBS programs.

don

So many string dimensions, so little space time...

adrian

:cool: Is it easyer to write questions, wait for answers, and/or argue during match play at the end, about how ratings change.  Reading help menu or typing help in command window is out of question.  Soon , help on forums will be a paid service (like any other software support service) and the help menu will disspear, it is worthless anyway, since we are too lazy/unpatient to read it.  :wacko:
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.