News:

check out the new Small ads section (Menu top left of  front page ... Snowie 4! SOLD!!!!advertise on fibsboard and turn all that "hanging around software "into ready cash -- small ads just £5!!!

Main Menu

I may be paranoid..

Started by adrian, June 24, 2008, 08:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrian

But I'd appreciate if someone can shed at least a dimmed light upon what happened with FIBS server during the Bago tourney, today, 24.06.2208, starting with 19:25 UTC. I don't mind if the entire topic is deleted one month (or just keep it whatever it takes to get a brief answer: dunno)

:poo:
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

Patti

As far as I can tell, connectivity to both lines cut out at the same time.  It wasn't a power failure and it wasn't the server itself going down.  I'm guessing it was a physical wiring issue, given the amount of construction that's happening in my neighborhood.

Patti

Oh, and why not just ask me?   I may or may not see stuff that's posted here.

blitzxz

Weird thing happened to my match during the crash. Match was some how saved wrongly. Score was post-crawford but after we resumed 3dfibs was telling me that it was crawford game. Is this known bug? Problem was propably with the client because my opponent didn't experience the same and when he doubled the match was complitely stuck. But luckily we worked around it by starting a new match.

adrian

Thanks Patti  !  :blush:
I didn't asked you directly because I could not reconnect for 10 minutes, and after that I gave up.

Socksey, the topic may be closed , or deleted.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

socksey

We'll leave it, I think.  May be a start of a new thread on bugs.   :laugh:  Anyway, I found it interesting.   :)

Kisses adrian!   ::)

socksey

"I don't mind making jokes, but I don't want to look like one." - Marilyn Monroe