News:

VIP Donors can remain anonymous while still enjoying all the benefits.......

Main Menu

Game 1, move 4, Forum Herd cube?

Started by Zorba, June 19, 2010, 10:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorba

dorbel moved 13/10 6/5, now the herd (forum, readers) for a cube decision:

XGID=-a---BC-C-A-eD-a-b-ccB----:0:0:1:00:0:0:0:5:10
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

ah_clem

Spoiler
He's ahead in the race.  Positions look about level - he's escaped a checker, but we have a nice anchor, otherwise it's almost symmetrical.  We threaten a hit on the 16, but that 's not enough of an advantage to say we have an advantage in threats.

So. applying PRAT, it's no double.  66-dance or 33-dance are market losers, but I'm not seeing any others.  Let's roll.

[close]

RickrInSF

Thanks to everyone for explaining how this works

Spoiler
I agreed with everyone else in the poll first guess, so i just wanted to test this spoiler thing
[close]

cool

oh, i assumed that this is like a money game, but is it to a certain # of games?

ah_clem

Quote from: RickrInSF on June 19, 2010, 10:25:32 PM
oh, i assumed that this is like a money game, but is it to a certain # of games?

It's a match to five, and right now we're at 0-0.  So the checker play and cube decisions are pretty darn similar to money play, but that will change as we move forward,

sixty_something

Zorb, does your XGID=-a---BC-C-A-eD-a-b-ccB----:0:0:1:00:0:0:0:5:10 translate into GNUbg Match and Position ID?

if so, how?

if not, would it be possible and practical to also attach an importable position or game file?
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

RickrInSF

ok, yes, cube should be same here, money or 5 away 5 away, so my vote stands  :mf_boff:

Zorba

Quote from: sixty_something on June 20, 2010, 05:42:26 AM
Zorb, does your XGID=-a---BC-C-A-eD-a-b-ccB----:0:0:1:00:0:0:0:5:10 translate into GNUbg Match and Position ID?

if so, how?

if not, would it be possible and practical to also attach an importable position or game file?

I don't know of a way to get a GnuBG ID, or SGF file out of eXtremeGammon. If anyone does, please let me know!

The best I can come up with is attaching a *.mat file. Fortunately these are very small.
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

Zorba

XG Roller+ on the cube decision:

Spoiler

Analyzed in XG Roller+
Player Winning Chances:    57,26% (G: 13,10% B:  0,38%)
Opponent Winning Chances:  42,74% (G:  7,56% B:  0,24%)

Cubeless Equities: No Double=+0,197, Double=+0,417

Cubeful Equities:
       No Double:   +0,307
       Double/Take: +0,095 (-0,212)
       Double/Drop: +1,000 (+0,693)

Best Cube action: No Double / Take

eXtreme Gammon Version: 1.14, MET: Rockwell-Kazaross

So, quite obviously not good enough for a double. We're favourites, but not by all that much (57-43). We have some extra gammon chances, but also nothing big.

The Herd knows this, as the vote indicates. Next time I will make it a NEXT!
[close]

Luck is my main skill