News:

VIP Donors can remain anonymous while still enjoying all the benefits.......

Main Menu

Game 2, move 6: gaspar 5-3

Started by diane, March 20, 2011, 10:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Position ID: zTZggCWGz8EDQA
Match ID: MIGuABAAAAAA

Never give up on the things that make you smile

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

gaspar

you guys wouldnt roll dbl 5's on me now would you....so i come on and play 13-8 and cross my fingers..i am ahead in the race and yes i dont have a lot of flexibility but this is no time to come out into outfield and volunteer a shot cuz you guys dont have the most flex position either ...

actually i am quite enjoying this format...it's like the old chess by mail days where you would mail your move to your opponent.  no clocks..

clocks are becoming quite "en mode" these days.   open category tournaments are usually clocked.  for those unfamiliar with clocks in bg, you have usually a 16 second time delay before your time "starts"  so in 16 sec you are expected to pick up and roll your dice and play easy moves ...the reserved time kicks in after your 16 sec expire.  so you will always have at least 16 sec. to play your move unlike chess where oftentimes you have two players in time trouble frantically playing their move and hitting their clocks...

personally i have never really played anyone who is so slow it threw me off my game but i guess the top BG players want to introduce another skill set to the game.  they were originally introduced in doubles play , which, if you've ever played chouette , know how long consulted moves can take....well it was like that on both sides of the board....so in order to speed things up ....clocks were introduced to dbls play .....the last tourney i was in (pittsburgh) a top level ABT event...clocks were used for EVERY open event....so grab a coffee and move everyone!!!!!