News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2009 cheers! .....webrunner, stog, spielberg, dickbalaska, b8factor, jackdaddy, anonymouse, diane, dropper, zorba, papillon, fiftythree, ramses, adrian, FrankBerger, krakan and ah_clem

Main Menu

Game 2, move 5: ah_clem 3-2

Started by diane, October 26, 2011, 11:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

ok...a few moves were made after the 6-2...ah_clem rolled 6-3, and I thought even he would not have missed the 13/7*, 10/7 gift.

Herd danced with a 66..and clem is up again.

Let me know..
Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Making the anchor seems obvious.  Then I can either slot the four point, stack up the 6 point, or bring down a builder.  I'll choose the latter - slotting seems a bit risky and there's a lack of men in the vicinity to cover.  Re-stacking is just ugly.

The other play to consider is making the four point now - 7/4 6/4.  The structural difference between a four prime and a 654 inner board is probably about even.  Making the anchor tips it towards keeping the prime.

24/22 13/10

PS - if the Herd fails to anchor, please ask me if I want to double before rolling.

ah_clem

I shouldn't make my move before I've finished my morning tea.

I seem to have been off by one with the three - slotting the four point makes no sense, and I can't stack the six point.  The only reasonable alternative to 13/10 is 8/5.  It's too late to change, but FWIW I still think 13/10 is correct.