News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

European splits!

Started by PillowFighter, October 27, 2017, 10:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PillowFighter

Hi!

While looking for a good definition for another backgammon term I came across "The european split" by Kit Woolsey. Today I have added an "European splits" training track on Backgammon Studio.

When testing it out I managed to get 0 correct in a row, then 0, then 0, and finally 0 correct in a row... clearly I have no clue when to move my last blot forward and when not to. I need to practice more! :-) I think the clue to these training tracks is not to get too frustrated if you don't manage to get more than a couple of correct in a row or as in this case 0 in a row 4 times as all the errors were also made by strong international players so the positions are likely to be very difficult to begin with. As a case in point:

an error made by the strongest backgammon player in the world. I would have made exactly the same error as it looked like a perfectly reasonable move to make.

Backgammon Studio The Swiss Army knife of backgammon!

Best regards,
TP