News:

**VIP donor members can set up a profile gallery, only viewable by those on their buddy list ****

Main Menu

Today's reasons that I hate RepBot

Started by Patti, April 10, 2008, 11:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PolyphonicBrie

Quote from: Patti on May 03, 2008, 12:56:04 AM
RepBot can stay if:

- There's no loophole for ganging up on someone
- It is VERY CLEAR that it's not my problem and I'm not to be bothered by it (and clients who integrate RepBot pass this on)
- It passes through information about what the savedgames numbers actually mean

I don't think those requests are at all unreasonable.

1. Maybe there are other examples, but (as I tried to explain) in the situation described at the top of the thread, then the attempt to "gang up" probably proved futile because of the way Repbot works.
2+3. Yes that's reasonable, although since many users use clients that seem to have been abandoned by their developers, the only way this would work would be for Repbot to issue a periodic disclaimer & explanation after every few "ask repbot" responses.

Would it be more or less reasonable to ask that a reputation management feature be added to FIBS directly?

PB

Patti

A reputation feature won't be added to FIBS directly, since I don't have the source code to do so and Andreas isn't actively developing FIBS.

Players create multiple accounts, dump matches between them to boost their experience, and then have a powerful army.  You're right that just spinning up zero-experience accounts doesn't work.

socksey

Another reason for RepBot is for tournaments.  Limitations can be set for experience, ratings, and reputation.  This helps weed out the droppers so that the tourney director does not need to check each player individually which would be a big job to take on in addition to all the other details we have to attend to.

socksey

"If you believe the doctors, nothing is wholesome; if you believe the theologians, nothing is innocent; if you believe the military, nothing is safe." - Lord Salisbury