News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Javafibs and routers.

Started by adrian, April 03, 2008, 07:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrian

Hello all !

I encountered strange behaviours while I was connected to the interned via two different routers: a LINKSYS WRT45GL and a SMC-WBR14G, using a PPPoE connection. While I am using Javafibs and I am connected through any of the routers, very often the computer freezes, the connection to FIBS is broken and the mouse is unresponsive for several seconds. The temporary cure is to disable and re-enable the connection between my computer and the router (not the pppoe connection!)  After another 5 mins. it happens again !  :mad:

While I am not using any of the above routers and I connect the cable and dial the pppoe connection from my computer, the above described problems don't appear !  :frusty:

While I am using 3dfibs, this never happens , with or without the routers. :grrr:

I am using windows xp sp2.

I like very much Javafibs, help please !

Adrian
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

adrian

Aren't here any good souls who may give some useful advice? Never happened to anyone? Or I didn't made myself clear? Maybe there is more information needed to put a diagnosis?
Help, please!
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

spielberg

I can't help with this adrian as it's well beyond my technical knowledge. I do know inim (all praise JavaFibs 2.0 BETA!) is the best person to ask on this type of thing.

Steve

inim

Javafibs assumes it can create a connection to the host and port given in the "Server" preferences. Anything else is a matter of the operating system, hardware, and to a lesser degree the Java Virtual Machine. There is no line of code in JF that could be changed to fix your issue. Usual Voodoo applies, update Java, Operating system and hardware firmware to latest versions and pray ...
This space is available for rent by advertisers. Call 0900-INIMITE today, and see your sales skyrocketing in no time! New customers receive free Vl@9rĂ¥ and a penis enlargement set as a bonus! We support banners, flash banners, and scrollers. Discrete handling by our HQ on the Dutch Antilles.