News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Game 1, move 8 : Patti 6-1

Started by diane, August 30, 2012, 08:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

The herd rolled 2-1, and I thought any vote on the move was sure to end up with 6/4, 5/4..so I skipped ahead..

Patti up again

Never give up on the things that make you smile

Patti

My first instinct is to play 12/5.  That leaves one guy back in case the herd decides to go stampeding, and gives me ammo back home.

But wait!  I can make the 9 point.  If I were the herd, I wouldn't want me to do that, so it must be a good play.

I suppose I can also play 15/8, but that feels worse than 15/9 10/9, so I'll ignore it.

If I stare at the board for a long time and play analytically rather than intuitively, I'll also spot 12/6 15/14.  This might actually be a better play because it leaves one fly shot (55) instead of two with any of the others, but it offends my sense of aesthetics.  I don't like piling two checkers on the six point, since flexibility seems valuable.

Oh, I dunno.  Maybe I should throw darts at a dartboard?  I'll just play 12/5, since it's the first one I saw.  It might be the wrong play, but I doubt it's a whopper of an error.