News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

Game 6, move 2 : Forum 5-1

Started by diane, May 12, 2010, 09:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Forum, blue, to move 5-1

jHPwAQbgc/ADIA:UYm0ADAAGAAA
Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Spoiler

Moving the runner up to the bar point is asking to be hit.  We'll just be on the bar with another builder or two in range.  nah.

I don't think playing behind his anchor is productive.  By process of elimination, that leaves 13/8 for the five. Where to play the one?  Slotting the five looks better than slotting our bar point, the question is whether it's better than 24/23. I dunno.  I think I'll go for the slot.

13/8 6/5
[close]

dorbel

Spoiler
I think clem has the right idea here. That play unstacks the fat 6pt and the obese midpoint, slots a useful point and keeps the shots to a minimum. If White hits he has to give up his anchor to do it. 6-1 and 3-1 are numbers with which he will hit, but only at the cost of refraining from making a great point on the other side of the board. 24/23, 13/8 has the merit of keeping the blots down to one, but doesn't offer us any extra chance of improvement for next turn. It's probably a good alternate, but let's try to look like a player!
[close]