News:

click the little + - buttons to customise your Fibsboard (unclick them sometimes to see what you're missing :)

Main Menu

Remaining TL Matches

Started by stog, February 15, 2009, 12:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

with 2 weeks to close of season, our team schigstogsedat have the following matches remaining(as of 15/2/2009)

schig vs billy craven*,peyo.jimbok, kari grandi ,samir,taylor (6)

sedat vs elmicho,kari grandi,blotsalot, peyo,jimbok,otto,mano,samir,taylor (10)

stog vs samir,taylor (2)

*deciding match

perhaps other teams might post their remaining matches and make friends of their remaining opponents in their clients -- and message to arrange completion b4 month end

sixty_something

great idea, stog

my 4 remaining matches are with:

• babyjim
  • sunray
  • Jack_Shit
  • Derby

Zorba has 6 remaining matches with:

• magic_one
  • babyjim
  • Derby
  • Mort
  • johnwayne
  • Jack_Shit

our WonderJammers teammate, jdg has finished all his matches

other than sunray, Mort, johnwayne and Jack_Shit who hasn't been around since Jan-31, i don't know the other guys .. Derby hasn't been logged in since Jan-20 .. i'll be away most of the week from the 23rd to the 28th .. so, i'd really like to get my matches finished this week .. if anyone reading this knows any of these guys, please remind them to try to finish their matches
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

spielberg

Team goooo have the following matches left:

Im_not_gimmeluck V adrian, chopos, gnomysTwo and paulc

resh_lakish V _centasivo, adrian, diane, donzaemon and paulc

spielberg V diane and donzaemon (any one know if he's any good?)

PersianLord

Our team, RuthlessWarriors, have the following matches to play:

• PersianLord VS JLee
  • PersianLord VS magic_one
  • PersianLord VS KDP
  • sunray VS KDP
  • PersianLord VS Derby
  • Mort VS Derby
  • sunray VS Derby
  • sunray VS babyjim
  • PersianLord VS johnwayne
  • sunray VS WildThing
  • sunray VS onion
  • sunray VS johnwayne
  • sunray VS mjtamv
  • Mort VS mjtamv
  • PersianLord VS Jack_Shit
  • Mort VS Zorba
  • sunray VS Sixty_something

Notes:

1- Derby has played only 3 matches so far and hasn't logged in since January 21st.

2- My match with Jack_shit has NO importance regarding the overall result, because we already have secured the victory winning 6 matches so far. I wonder how would Tomawaky deal with these cases.

3- The situation in our division, Beaver division, is truly puzzling. We really don't know which team is even favorite to get through. By a quick review of the teams and the average rating of players, one would realize that our divison is host to an exaggerated number of strong teams in comparison to other divisions.

Regards
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

Tom

SurpriseTeam Has the following matches remaining:

Adrian vs

goooo: Im_not_gimmeluck and resh_lakish
Libertad: _centasivo (deciding game)
TheCubes: paulc
TheCubeSluts: donzaemon and diane

tom

Tom

Quote from: PersianLord on February 15, 2009, 10:08:03 PM
2- My match with Jack_shit has NO importance regarding the overall result, because we already have secured the victory winning 6 matches so far. I wonder how would Tomawaky deal with these cases.

I asked Tomawalky this I think he said that unfinished matches would result in Zero points being awarded.
Which means that if a player on a team that has already lost does not want to give you the points they can
just not play... If I understood him correctly... that kinda stinks

I can understand not getting the TIE points, but if the match is decided why not award the win? (2pts)
And maybe then not NOT award the loss (1pt) to a osing team that did not finish.
Why penalize the winning team?

tom

Tomawaky

You're right. My Goal is to see all matches completed. Now if you can't find an appointment with one player or team who refuse to play. You may ask for a forfeit. Then you will get your point and the players or the team would be deleted of the Team League for the next session.

This is our first try, dorbel suggested at the beginning to stop the match when a team has got 5 pts which is not a bad idea but is not in the spirit of the Team league in my opinion. If we consider that this rules would be better to manage the league, I have no problem to take it or another. But Tie would certainly be more simple and fair actually
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

JLee

Quote from: Tomawaky on February 18, 2009, 05:26:13 AM
If we consider that this rules would be better to manage the league, I have no problem to take it or another. But Tie would certainly be more simple and fair actually

Fair?  So if one team is ahead 8-0, but doesn't complete the last match, it should be a tie?  I think you could reasonably argue that a matchup that ends 4-3 should count as a tie, but not one in which a team has won 5 matches.

If you really want to count it as a tie, this should have been in the rules from the beginning.

I agree that it's best to have all of the matches completed, but it's really not totally necessary.

JLee

spielberg

Team goooo's remaining matches are now:

Im_not_gimmeluck V _centasivo and paulc

resh_lakish V diane, donzaemon and paulc

KDP

in a perfect world all the matches would be played.  however we all know that isnt always going to happen.  i feel that once a team reaches 5 wins it should count as a team win no matter what else happens. 

PersianLord

Quote from: KDP on February 27, 2009, 01:08:58 PM
in a perfect world all the matches would be played.  however we all know that isnt always going to happen.  i feel that once a team reaches 5 wins it should count as a team win no matter what else happens. 

Sunray and I were logged in for almost 7 hours today to find you to play our matches. You didn't show up.
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

diane

Yeahhhh  :jump: :jump: :applaus: :applaus: I completed all mine  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

magic_one

:rules:  Yeahhhh  :jump: :applaus:  :veryhappy:   I completed all mine    :jump: :applaus:  :veryhappy: :veryhappy:

sixty_something

it seems there are still quite a few unfinished matches in all divisions .. we have only two against babyjim, a consistent no show .. depending on how those and other potential forfeits are handled our WonderJammers may have a shot at the wild card, if not the Beaver title

it has been great fun, Tomawaky, but i am still confused about how to make sense of the scoring even now .. maybe next season, i'll find the time to simulate it - that should really confuse the situation  ;)

until then, i'm sure we all are eagerly awaiting the FINAL STANDINGS
e-mail me

Tomawaky

I have open a poll about what you consider better :
- playing all the 9 matches (that I dreamt it could be possible  :blush:)
- or give the win as soon as a team reach the 5 Points (that sound more realistic)

do not hesitate to give your opinion. Even if I already now your choice  :smile:
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

sixty_something

yes, i see that .. it looks like a landslide - currently 7-0 .. i like the idea of bonus points for completion of all matches, but getting a large field to complete all matches appears impossible .. when points are awarded at 5, at least the standing are then updated quickly and are more meaningful .. remaining matches then become important as tie-breakers in deciding the final order of finish .. perhaps that is the best and only practical incentive for any team getting all matches played .. even then it would be frustrating to lose because of unplayed matches against someone who just disappears

but what about this session? are you going to award other forfeits? when do the playoffs start? etc.

thanks again for re-birthing TL, amigo  :thumbsup2:
e-mail me

adrian

Quote from: sixty_something on March 02, 2009, 03:57:59 PM
.. i like the idea of bonus points for completion of all matches, but getting a large field to complete all matches appears impossible ..
The best incentive should be punishment, in a controlled, paid for and policed server,  see my first oppinion here: http://www.fibsboard.com/team-leagues/team-league-t2278.0.html;msg16967;topicseen#new
       As I switched on my second brain cell (out of the three I got left..) after reading your post, reward seems as much appealing as punishment.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

Tomawaky

My priority is an automatic process.  :blush: