News:

VIP Donor members get fewer ads;  Donate - don't be late
cheers

Main Menu

FIBS Tournament Schedule

Started by sixty_something, May 26, 2010, 08:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I have to say that using the image for the schedule sure makes it hard to make edits to...

can we go back to a text based schedule?

diane

The original text based post is on this thread, so yes we can.

What might be better, is to have the excel file behind the image attached so that can be edited and attached...because editing that text file is also a pain.

I am also still very open to any other approaches that make it easier!

Is there anything to add besides Australian Bago at the moment? I do plan to do that, this weekend should be fine.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tom

On the Mon-Thur 3/5 change the moderators list to Tom/sixtie/socksey and on the F3 remove Adrian

Thanks!

jeeves

diane

ggrr....Fibsboard needs to get with the times!!

and whyyyyy soooo agonisingly slow, does it need a reboot or kick up the 'erse or something??

stog

socksey

Quote from: jeeves on August 13, 2013, 06:35:25 AM

May I suggest the tourney schedule be reflective of UTC time exclusively since that is a world standard time?  While USA/EST may be easy for me since I live in the USA, I have no idea what Aus/Eastern represents.  My suggested World Clock Meeting Planner has no basis for Aus/Eastern unless I know of a city in that time zone, which I don't.  Using UTC seems infinitely more simple than looking at a chart with multiple time bases.

socksey

Every day is Earth Day. - Anonymous

jeeves

May I suggest that the tourney schedule only reflects UTC if the actual tourneys themselves run on it.  If not, the schedule will need updating every time there is a time change in any host country.  It's difficult enough following tourney times when local clocks change without the schedule going ballistic as well.

I now use the clocks shown in the post immediately following the schedule, and haven't had a problem since  ;)

diane

Quote from: stog on August 13, 2013, 02:32:07 PM
docx added

missed this yeaterday - thanks stog, will upload the word doc behind the tourney schedule image, which means it can be updated by pretty much anyone in the future  ;)

Tom

I also added a notice to the tourneybot 'tourneys' command that tells you how soon the next tourney opens, so no time zone needed!

tom

KissMyAss

Thanks for that Tom.  Now even I can sound intelligent when someone asks me when the next tourney opens.   Much easier to be able to tell them how many minutes till registration opens than to try and work out times in different zones of the world. 

Hugs
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

socksey

I just give them the tourney schedule page 1 link.  I am asked this so often, I made a shout programmable button with the link.  ;)))

socksey

Once, after finishing a picture, I thought I would stop for awhile, take a trip, do things – the next time I thought of this, I found five years had gone by.­ - Willem de Kooning

Tom

Can who ever maintains the schedule graphic please make the following changes

remove Adrian as a moderator of the F3
Add sixtie as a moderator on the Monday - Thursday 3/5
remove Tom as moderator from sunday session

These changes are just updating the schedule to the way the bot creates the tourneys and nothing else.

Tom

Tom

Oh Yes!

Socksey should be listed FIRST on the F3 and Saturday Mini's!

diane

Ok, is it possible to do an export from the bot?o...ooo, deja vu...anyway, rather than me asking the bot about each tourney individually, can you get a listing of who TDs what?

Oh, before tinkering...KMA should be a co-TD on saturday stubbies, and both aussie bagos...and I think I should be on the Konkluder - if the other two dont mind  :laugh:

If you want to tinker any others before passing me the list, do that. You can email it if you like. Once I have the real status, will tinker this to correct and post again.

There is no hurry now tough, all the current tourneys are listed, which is better than before when three were missing  ;)

KissMyAss

I'm co on Konkluder cos it was set up for me to help Cigale find his TD feet.   

If he decides later on that he wants that spot to name his own tourney, then KKKK will be no more and Cigale will have the slot for whatever he comes up with.   

Entirely up to Cigale to decide things about that tourney.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

socksey

Quote from: Tom on August 18, 2013, 01:43:17 PM
I also added a notice to the tourneybot 'tourneys' command that tells you how soon the next tourney opens, so no time zone needed!

tom

I like that!  But, another mystery.  Why do some of the tourneys in progress notify me when I log on and some don't.  I like the easy way to not have to find the tourney number manually or wait for the announcement.  I'm a busy lady!   :laugh:  I have my phone alarm to keep me up on when to start, so I can manage my time better.   ;)  Also, I'm getting lazy.   :laugh:

socksey

Yes, there are many things that need to get done, but in this moment I have to do nothing. - Oprah Winfrey

Tom

It's not a tourney in PROGRESS it is if the tourney is accepting registration!

If it has already started you should get a match notification unless you have a bye (or are out but are still a TD)

tom

diane

That is a mystery indeed - I had meant to raise that one. Tampa always tells me it is open for registration, as does Krazy..but a good few others don't [my own, for example]. Is it a setting rolled out to some tourneys but not all yet?

Tom

No, it should work the same for all.

If you are a SUBSCRIBED player and login while registration is open and you are not registered the bot will tell you.

Tom