News:

we welcome new Sponsors..keep the board going.....advertise your thing for a modest donation contact the webmaster@fibsboard.com

Main Menu

TEST: embedded pic in poll header example

Started by sixty_something, June 28, 2010, 06:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty_something

ok, i am going to try following stog's example and create a poll with an embedded image

1) image attached to this post successfully
2) "then copy 'image location' (right click) to the poll question"
    hmmm,  i wonder what that means?

obviously, i am missing something

i copied and pasted stog's code from his example (in code box below) .. so, i expect to see it duplicated above, but i am clueless where i am supposed to come up with the url string or where to "right click"
[img]http://www.fibsboard.com/fibsboard-forum-match-5-83/game-1-move-14-herd-to-play-6-3/?action=dlattach;attach=4702;image[/img]  [size=13pt] this question be any length?

am i missing the step of putting the image in the gallery? or something else?

BTW, while any number of characters may be typed into the questiion, or so it seems, only a limited number will be displayed .. the characters within the url and embedded image code are part of that limited number
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

stog

Quote"then copy 'image location' (right click) to the poll question"

from the attachment - ie right click picture and choose "copy image location"

(attachments are uploaded by clicking "additional options" below the message body when you post)

the idea is that you upload(via  "additional options" in the usual way, but copy the location and paste it into your poll or reply

sixty_something

ok, maybe the "right click" means to right click on the attached image .. when i did that and selected Properties, i found the address of the attachment on the Fibsboard server .. when i replaced the url code with that addresss, i got the attached image .. but it was too small
e-mail me

stog

u still need to prepare the image you upload (ie size)

sixty_something

BTW, when i right click the attachment i do not see a "Copy image location" option .. could this be another FoxFire vs. IE8 issue?

also, since the attachment image cannot be right clicked until the poll is posted, this means the poll questions and answers as well as the original post must be completed and saved before the attached image url can be found and then embedded in the question .. right?
e-mail me

stog

sixty_something

the image was originally sized correctly, stog .. i resolved it by double clicking the attached image to enlarge it .. i then right clicked it and copied the associated url for the enlarged image which i then pasted into the poll questrion

it worked fine, but, and this is a big BUT, the url length is such that we eat up way too much of total characters available for the poll question which is LIMITED in size .. is there perhaps a way to increase the total characters allowed by SMP for a poll question? if so, i'd say we are damn close to a workable solution - still a little cumbersome, but workable

"right" to what?  :frusty:

both i'd guess, right?  :beerdrinkers:
e-mail me

sixty_something

one more little thing, stog :lol:

when i double click on your attached .PNG images .. my computer ALWAYS seems to load the image into MS Photo Editor AND then launches QuickTime for some screwy reason in addition .. it takes my machine nearly 4 minutes to get the image into Photo Editor and another 2 or 3 to load and launch QuickTime .. yes, my machine is too slow and another 2 GB of RAM was just ordered, but this only seems to happen on your .PNG attachments .. on rare occasions some attached photos will require Photo Editor to view, but the QuickTime issue is a new one for me

any ideas on what may be happening here?
e-mail me

stog

can't comment on explorer windows etc

but if you click the pic - it will open the thumbnail - full size,
if you click the filename , it will try and save/open the file depending on how you have your browser preferences setup. You can decide which apps open it in your browser preferences..

i would recommend you use firefox - at least for this forum, or for any future browser related questions.......
Firefox comes ready loaded with most of the plug-ins u need , and shouldn.t require your having any other apps open to view images.

Safari is also very good

RickrInSF

socksey

Duhhhhhhhhh.............what was the question?   :lol:  Maybe I'm just too tired, but I don't understand any of this.   :unsure:

socksey

"There are things that we know. And then there are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know that we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know....that is, the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence....simply because you do not have evidence that something exists does not mean that you have evidence that it doesn't exist." - Donald Rumsfeld   :lol: