News:

controversial "other online games" Board introduced --GO, Poker, Scrabble and gosh even Chess.....let me know :)

Main Menu

Game 4, move 6 : Herd 4-3

Started by diane, August 21, 2013, 10:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

stiefnu

Spoiler
Could we please also consider:
    4/2*(2), 3/1(2)*,
    23/21, 9/7*, 3/1(2)* and
    23/21, 9/7*, 4/2(2)*
All of which put two on the roof in relative safety.
[close]

KDP

Spoiler
although its not listed (yet) i would play 9-7*, 3-2(2)*, and 23-21.  this puts 2 on the bar, and also gets our back men moving.  i wouldn't argue too much with a doubles partner who just wanted to switch points 4-2(2)* 3-1(2)* which also puts 2 on the bar but i like trying to get our back men moving when there is a small risk to them now.
[close]

Linus

Spoiler
What about 23/21(2), 4/2(2)?
[close]

KDP

Spoiler
while its a reasonable play i think that ANY move that doesn't put 2 on the bar is an error or worse.
[close]

KDP

Quote from: KDP on August 21, 2013, 01:12:05 PM
Spoiler
although its not listed (yet) i would play 9-7*, 3-1(2)*, and 23-21.  this puts 2 on the bar, and also gets our back men moving.  i wouldn't argue too much with a doubles partner who just wanted to switch points 4-2(2)* 3-1(2)* which also puts 2 on the bar but i like trying to get our back men moving when there is a small risk to them now.
[close]

diane

I have added in 3 more double hit options, but not the no hit option, which did not seem popular.

I reset votes to zero, so everyone can think again....enjoy :-)

Oh, and try not to think of any more good plays  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Julia_H

Spoiler
23/21 9/7* 4/2*(2). The point of putting two in the air is to allow us to sort out our back men without the risk of being attacked. Shifting points twice misses that point - we're no closer to getting out and have men out of play. The two best options are shifting points once, then 9/7* (looking towards making the bar soon), then a back man to guard against getting too many 4s and 5s before a 6 comes along. Of the two possibilities, I'd rather not have dead men on the ace - and if the bar is made then a White anchor on the ace is well blocked in.
[close]