News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Game 1, move 4, Forum Herd cube?

Started by Zorba, June 19, 2010, 10:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorba

dorbel moved 13/10 6/5, now the herd (forum, readers) for a cube decision:

XGID=-a---BC-C-A-eD-a-b-ccB----:0:0:1:00:0:0:0:5:10
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

ah_clem

Spoiler
He's ahead in the race.  Positions look about level - he's escaped a checker, but we have a nice anchor, otherwise it's almost symmetrical.  We threaten a hit on the 16, but that 's not enough of an advantage to say we have an advantage in threats.

So. applying PRAT, it's no double.  66-dance or 33-dance are market losers, but I'm not seeing any others.  Let's roll.

[close]

RickrInSF

Thanks to everyone for explaining how this works

Spoiler
I agreed with everyone else in the poll first guess, so i just wanted to test this spoiler thing
[close]

cool

oh, i assumed that this is like a money game, but is it to a certain # of games?

ah_clem

Quote from: RickrInSF on June 19, 2010, 10:25:32 PM
oh, i assumed that this is like a money game, but is it to a certain # of games?

It's a match to five, and right now we're at 0-0.  So the checker play and cube decisions are pretty darn similar to money play, but that will change as we move forward,

sixty_something

Zorb, does your XGID=-a---BC-C-A-eD-a-b-ccB----:0:0:1:00:0:0:0:5:10 translate into GNUbg Match and Position ID?

if so, how?

if not, would it be possible and practical to also attach an importable position or game file?
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

RickrInSF

ok, yes, cube should be same here, money or 5 away 5 away, so my vote stands  :mf_boff:

Zorba

Quote from: sixty_something on June 20, 2010, 05:42:26 AM
Zorb, does your XGID=-a---BC-C-A-eD-a-b-ccB----:0:0:1:00:0:0:0:5:10 translate into GNUbg Match and Position ID?

if so, how?

if not, would it be possible and practical to also attach an importable position or game file?

I don't know of a way to get a GnuBG ID, or SGF file out of eXtremeGammon. If anyone does, please let me know!

The best I can come up with is attaching a *.mat file. Fortunately these are very small.
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

Zorba

XG Roller+ on the cube decision:

Spoiler

Analyzed in XG Roller+
Player Winning Chances:    57,26% (G: 13,10% B:  0,38%)
Opponent Winning Chances:  42,74% (G:  7,56% B:  0,24%)

Cubeless Equities: No Double=+0,197, Double=+0,417

Cubeful Equities:
       No Double:   +0,307
       Double/Take: +0,095 (-0,212)
       Double/Drop: +1,000 (+0,693)

Best Cube action: No Double / Take

eXtreme Gammon Version: 1.14, MET: Rockwell-Kazaross

So, quite obviously not good enough for a double. We're favourites, but not by all that much (57-43). We have some extra gammon chances, but also nothing big.

The Herd knows this, as the vote indicates. Next time I will make it a NEXT!
[close]

Luck is my main skill