News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

Game 2, move 15: ah_clem 6-1

Started by diane, November 06, 2011, 08:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Herd rolled 2-1 and entered one checker..clem got his 6...and a 1 to move..

Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

22/16 8/7 - only 22 hits the remaining blot.  I like the 1/36 odds.

ah_clem

So, I'm having second thoughts.  I've already "picked up my dice" so i can't actually make a different move at this point, but consider the merits of  22/16 7/6 :

This move gives six shakes to point on the head your blot, vs only one pointing roll for my move.  OTOH, it gives 5 shakes for the Herd to hit vs only one shake for my move.  Is this extra benefit worth the risk?  I might well be - I'm relieved that I finally escaped the 5 prime, so my human inclination is to err on the safe side here.  Perhaps that's an overly emotional response.

Note that the middle of the road move  22/15 gives the Herd 4 rolls to hit but only gives me three covers.  Giving up 5 shots to gain 6 covers has to be better than giving up 4 to gain three.  The question is whether giving up 1 shot to gain 1 cover is better.

I'll stick with my original move -  winning this game being the first priority.  But I'm not nearly sure.  Other opinions?