News:

Please consider re-bookmarking your link to Fibsboard's Home page for a complete experience http://www.fibsboard.com

Main Menu

Question for bonehead programmer

Started by notverylucky, June 24, 2004, 12:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notverylucky

In the last 3 days I've had the good fortune to backgammon bonehead twice. The first time I was only awarded 1 point. I thought the server probably messed up but it happened again this morning with the same result. Is this a programming flaw and can it be fixed in the essence of fair play,  

diane

What matchlength were you playing?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

notverylucky

The first match was for 7 and the next was 5.

burper

If it was fibs that did it, then it's not boneheads fault.
But that seems highly unlikely. I haven't heard of a fault like that in over 10 years.
Did bonehead resign N and you accepted?
Was it the crawford game??
This sounds very bizarre

notverylucky

In the 7 pt match the score was 5-2 bonehead when this occured. The five point match was a Crawford game with bonehead up 4-0 but I don't think that should make a difference. There was no resifnation offered.  

diane

This is indeed bizarre - i have never come up against this - it seems the fibs server is not getting correct information somehow - and i cant really think how that might happen!  What client are you using - though i dont particularly see how that would affect things! Just trying to get as much information as possible to see if any possible answers suggest themselves!
Never give up on the things that make you smile

notverylucky

I am using Winfibs. I have had the occasional BG against players that are no bots with the correct results. I was just wondering if it was a bot thing.

tucsonAZ

QuoteIn the last 3 days I've had the good fortune to backgammon bonehead twice. The first time I was only awarded 1 point. I thought the server probably messed up but it happened again this morning with the same result. Is this a programming flaw and can it be fixed in the essence of fair play,

Once scenario where there can be confusion whether or not a backgammon occured is when your opponent has bore off 1 checker but loses with checkers in your home board.