News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

FIBS Social on Santa Monica Beach

Started by artgeekette, May 14, 2004, 12:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artgeekette

:huh:   ^_^  ;)  :lol:  B)  :unsure:   :blink:  :(   :)    :D    :o    :wub:

All fibsters and friends welcome.  

Where:  There's a chess park next to the Santa Monica Pier (on the south side of the pier).  Lots of chess tables that'll accomodate backgammon sets.

When:  Soon?  : )

Why:  why.  hmm.  :D   resh_ lakish suggested it.   :P    &   a fun idea :D .  alef's offering up 2 t-shirts as prizes.  ocean air and sunshine B)

Please post and let me know if you're in.     -_-

resh_lakish

Great idea artgeekette!

Lots of tables and good gaming environment. Plus you get three hours free parking at santa monica place.

resh

webrunner

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

Ramses

Arrrg!!
Please tell us more about playing Bg sitting at the ocean and watching the sundown!
:cry2:
While its cloudy and rainy here.
Sniff :(

Hope you have fun! :rolleyes:  

diane

But can there be enough sun sea and sand to compensate for resh being there? ;)

Only kidding - have a great time  :D  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

slick

;)  seagulls play bg better than fibsters? ... mmm ... most probably  ;)  ;)  ;)

resh_lakish

Feklhr said she can come to the social in santa monica in July. So i suggest we have the social in July. It would be a honor for us to have her as a special guest :P

Further, the chess park idea was shot down, it is a little too seedy.

There is a large sports bar on the 3rd street promenade called "Yankee Doodles". I think that would be a great place to have it. One can park at the mall down the street for three hours free as well as there being other public parking in the area.