News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

fibs ping page

Started by burper, March 25, 2004, 02:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burper

webrunner, on improveFIBS we once spoke of creating a simple script to ping (and perhaps traceroute) fibs once an hour and posting the results on a web accessible page. That way, when fibs was down, people could check on that page. There is a fibs status page somewhere, but Patti doesn't update it very well so it's sort of useless.

When people complain about lag, Patti often asks for ping and traceroute information. This page might provide that information automatically and thus be a nice service for fibs and help Patti.

Do you have the ability to run scripts on this server, from something like cron, that update a web page?

webrunner

I will look in to it..
<_<
I think i can manage something like that.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

webrunner

How about this?
:)

I also added a link to it on the front page

This is a realtime  check.
I can run other scripts and cron stuff on the botserver (nor on the one that hosts fibsboard) but i don't see the advantage of it. This realtime check should be enough..  right?
:unsure:

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |