News:

"Fibsboard allows for more considered reading and response, whereas Fibs shout is a more intuitive interaction"

Main Menu

images for programmable buttons

Started by alef, March 27, 2004, 01:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alef

To add additional GIFs for programmable buttons just drop them into your JavaFIBS images folder.

I've made three buttons which I use for RepBot ask %Player, list %Player and friends %Player:

Also some for super lazy kibitzing:

Tomawaky

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

diane

Hey - cool - when i download it - where do i put em so they will work on my screen?  And already taken care of the superlazy kibitzing  :)  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

alef

QuoteTomawaky Posted: Mar 27 2004, 04:37 PM
Just Miss the E ;-)Ã, 

LOL! Didn't even notice I was spelling my own name...

Quotediane Posted: Mar 27 2004, 04:40 PMÃ,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  
Hey - cool - when i download it - where do i put em so they will work on my screen?...

Find your JavaFIBS folder and then drop these GIFs into the images folder. Then when you go to program a button it'll appear in the drop down list of images. They appear in alphabetical order by name.

alef

Thanks for the match...

kibitz Bedankt voor de partij
kibitz Kiitos pelista
kibitz Merci pour le match
kibitz Danke fuer das Match
kibitz Grazie per la partita
kibitz Arigatou gozaimasu
kibitz Obrigado pelo jogo
kibitz Mac icin tesekkur ederim

These flags are 16x16 pixels (16x12 plus transparent top and bottom) so that they can be used as buttons in JavaFibs. The attached zip file has all these above plus the Nordic ones.

alef

Rather than manually add buttons in you can edit the 'buttons' file in a text editor, it sits here:
JavaFIBS2001/user/[name]/buttons

Here's how my file reads:
Quotetell RepBot ask %Player
images/repbot_a.gif
tell RepBot f %Player
images/repbot_f.gif
tell RepBot l %Player
images/repbot_l.gif
kibitz :-)
images/smiley.gif
kibitz ;-)
images/smiley_wink.gif
kibitz lol
images/lol.gif
kibitz Bedankt voor de partij
images/dutch.gif
kibitz Kiitos pelista
images/finnish.gif
kibitz Merci pour le match
images/french.gif
kibitz Danke fuer das Match
images/german.gif
images/spanish.gif
kibitz Arigatou gozaimasu
images/japanese.gif
kibitz Obrigado pelo jogo
images/portuguese.gif
images/spanish.gif
kibitz Mac icin tesekkur ederim
images/turkish.gif

diane

Alef - I have been playing with my buttons - as you showed us yesterday.  Got the repbot working - that is sooooooooooooo good.  Took the idea on - and created some to do the basic setups with tourneybot - so the dialogue is opened - then life is a little easier.  But - how do i replace the 'pumpkin'?  Cant see where i edit that one.

alef

QuoteAlef - I have been playing with my buttons - as you showed us yesterday.Ã,  Got the repbot working - that is sooooooooooooo good.Ã,  Took the idea on - and created some to do the basic setups with tourneybot - so the dialogue is opened - then life is a little easier.
Glad you're having fun, I love programming buttons!
QuoteBut - how do i replace the 'pumpkin'?Ã,  Cant see where i edit that one.
JavaFIBS has various fixed icons that you can't change under programmable buttons, but you can replace anything in the images folder. While JavaFIBS isn't running go to the application's folder on your hard disk, in Images you'll find pumpkin.gif which you can then change for another image of the same size and same name.

Attached is my players icon of three little stick figures. I've zipped it so that you can download it by clicking rather than having to copy it over as an image which gets a new name.

diane

And there it is  :D  much better !!