News:

please ensure your email address is "up to date" in your fibsboard profile or personal messages won't get through -- thx
ps  you can set your email as non public

Main Menu

Saved Games

Started by diane, April 21, 2004, 08:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Just a thought...

I like to play unlimited matches from time to time - for assorted reasons - but hate that they show up as saved games.  For obvious reasons - they can be a bit of a handicap.

Is there anyway around this?

I am not technical enough to know if it is possible - but know there are host of ingenious people out there - who might just have a solution or a workround  :)  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

burper

Not easy. There is no public access to the game files on fibs. Even then, you would have to open each one up and look inside to see if it was an unlimited or not. Given the number of game files, Patti has decided not to do this. The most detailed public information you have is:
http://fibs.com/savedgames/list.html

Not that I think any of the following is worth doing, but you *could*:

-make changes to repbot so that it can look at your match, while in play, to determine it is an unlmited and that do something smart about the saved count list

-even simpler, change repbot so that if both parties agree, any matches between them won't be counted. This would also mean that repbot has to look at the complete list and do lots of processing, rather than just use the total count for each user.

-do something radical to repbot, as suggested in it's forum, that you allow repbot to take over your account temporarily so that it can open up your games and look at them (oldboard command) and store them for public viewing. This would also allow it to do something smart with unlmited's. Crazy huh?

All that said, you can just wait a few weeks for the game to disappear on it's own, or agree with the other person to wipe it out by restarting a 1 pointer with them and finishing it.

jinnate

Quote-do something radical to repbot, as suggested in it's forum, that you allow repbot to take over your account temporarily so that it can open up your games and look at them (oldboard command) and store them for public viewing. This would also allow it to do something smart with unlmited's. Crazy huh?
i like this idea. there have been players who've asked me to check their matches to see that they've been ahead in their matches (ie: they were the dropees, not the droppers). this could be a useful feature allowing others to determine if someone's just been unlucky in their choice of playing partners).

repbot rules!