News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

What about a tuesday 3

Started by Tomawaky, May 01, 2004, 10:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomawaky

With the Success of Fridays 3, I ask myself about a Tuesday 3 or another Day.

The purpose is to offer another regular tournament with another time.
What about 9 PM GMT.
I can't host it every weeks but maybe one by month it's possible.
I guess that if we were 3, 4 or even more It could be very easy to manage.

Is there some TD interested ?
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Kari_Grandi

great idea Franck, I think the players like to play in regular (weekly) tourneys like Fridays3 and Mini-Matches (which is starting officially today).

diane

Yup- i can help as and when too - though it would be tuesdays 9??

I also would like to start a regular monthly tourney (probably in june now) - longer matches - and bracketed for ratings - i am thinking along the lines of a lightweight - no lower limit - to 1450, middleweight 1450 - 1650, and heavyweight 1650 and over. Run over a few weeks - it might give some players a better chance at a win.  Gogogiz has offered to help with this - anyone else?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

burper

I'd like to help with both projects.
Tomawaky, put me down for 1 Tuesday a month.
I'll help with yours too diane. Do we each take a bracket?

diane

That is what i would like - i will take the middle weights - think that may be the biggest bracket - and the headache :-)

thx for volunteering :-)

burper

ok, i'll take the heavies.
do you want to overlap the ratings ranges a bit for people on the edge? i.e. 0-1470, 1430-1670, 1630-2500?
matchlens 5 and 7?
minimum experience? might scare away anyone trying to create a new account just to play in a lower bracket, maybe 500?
lower rep limit of 1?

Starts June 1 I assume. We need a name and description now. What did you have in mind, other than monthly?

(yay!! I'm an intermediate poster now :)

diane

ok thx - and yes - i like the idea of overlap - was fretting for ages about where to draw lines - but that sorts it out nicely.

I was thinking the names would be light, middle, and heavy weights - and of course incorporate the month - but i am open to better suggestions.

Matchlengths - for lower bracket - sure 5/7, perhaps longer for the top bracket - 7/11 - or even, 7/11 for middle - and 9/15 for top??? do you think we might have trouble getting people to play those?

Yes - june 1st - so will start advertising mid may.

Min experience is good - hadnt thought of that - and rep - hmm i like 1000, but i am open to persuasion - if you can give me a good reason to go lower. 1000 isnt so many vouches - but stops someone picking up a random vouch just to enter - or using another nick to vouch themselves positive??

mano

Hello !

I can help too for a new regular tournament on Tuesday ...

Tu peux compter sur moi pour un ou deux mardi par mois selon les besoins ....

( i now will speak one sentence in english and next one in french !)

mano  

Tomawaky

Hello,

It will be certainly done around 8:00 PM GMT as the poll point it out.
For the day I am not sur about tuesday or sunday  :wacko:
Please TD tell me your preference as sunday could maybe a little harder for me to do regularly, I am asking you  :grouphug:

I tried to work a little on this new regular tourney and have created this page to helping me in maintaining standing :
http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/bagolympic.htm

Kari, I think we can use it for the friday3 easily. So contact me if interested.

For the country feature added, just tell me what do you think about it. I found it personnaly funny, but I think there will be  :yes:  and  :no: .
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."