News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Game 3, move 0: Herd 5-2

Started by diane, June 05, 2011, 11:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Position ID: 4HPwATDgc/ABMA
Match ID: cAm1ABAACAAA

Having dropped the cube, the score is now 1-1, with Herd to open.

Never give up on the things that make you smile

Krazula

Spoiler
24/22 13/8 or 13/8 13/11, either way is okay. I used to always play 13/11 fearing getting blitzed if I played 24/22 and my opponent rolled 55, but now I play 13/11. Either way yields the same amount of equity though.
[close]

ah_clem

Spoiler

The rollouts for an opening of 5-2 at gammon go suggest playing D (bring two down from the midpoint 13/8 13/11). At 4-away, a doubled gammon wins the match, so it's a gammon-go score.

Of course, I could just be saying this to sway the Herd in the wrong direction. Caveat Emptor.

[close]

diane

Thanks for the input clem, of clemstog....where do you get D from??? Is it the same place you get your dice??

Wouldnt 'option 2', or even B, make more sense  :blink:

Ok folks - think about his offering..is it a strangely labelled red herring..or not?  ;)

ah_clem

Quote from: diane on June 06, 2011, 04:03:36 AM
Thanks for the input clem, of clemstog....where do you get D from???

D in this context is standard Nactation.   It simplifies discussion of opening rolls. 

diane

oh...ok....I see....please try to include any useful translating codebooks like this in all your posts in future - thanks  :cool: