News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Fibsboard Forum Match 18 Game 3 Move 12 Herd to cube?

Started by stiefnu, April 25, 2014, 12:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiefnu

Well, Herdsters, at this point it occurs to me we should pause a while, to ponder whether or not to ship the cube over. Although we're well ahead in the race, juanz has a useful anchor and gammons don't grow on trees...

5-pt match, juanz 0-3 Herd
Pipcount: juanz (red) 160, Herd (black) 126

Steve

ah_clem

Spoiler

juanz's takepoint AtS is somewhere in the low to mid 20s, but if he takes we're looking at an auto recube, and a win gets him to crawford.  Meanwhile, cubing kills our gammons.

I'd be happy to cash this, but I don't think it's a cash.  I also don't think it's all that volatile, so holding shouldn't cost us much if it's an error at all.

I hold here - a single point win gets us to Crawford, a gammon wins the match.  Playing for four points is not in our interest.

Roll.

[close]

KDP

Spoiler
these scores are always tricky, if he has pretty much any chance at all, which i think he does,  he would/should take and recube to 4.  i really dont want to be playing w/ a 4 cube at this point.  we have several rolls which make the 5 pt, and he has 3 checkers back so our gammon chances are decent.  i would just play on.
[close]