News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

New boards

Started by alef, May 29, 2004, 03:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alef

I've made a blue and white board based on a mix of the one used at GammOnLine and my own settings for gnubg. There's also precision dice  ;)

Below is a screenshot, and I've attached the full folder zipped just below.

alef

After unzipping simply add this folder to your existing Boards folder.

This is now version 2 of the Blue & White board.

gogogiz

:D  Thankyou.. thankyou and thankyou alef, i have been waiting a long time for a new javafibs board and you have produced a fantastic board for us fibsters.. thanks alef and may i have many a winning game on my new backgammon board..

thanks again alef.... from gogogiz

:D  

diane

i would love to try it - but i cant unzip stuff  :( And sooo wanted to try those precision dice!! :)  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tomawaky

Really nice Board
I love it :hart:

Wanna play :jump:  
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Tomawaky

First Match with it, First win  :P
I think I will keep it  :agree:  
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

cthulhu

Quotei would love to try it - but i cant unzip stuff 
Hmm. How did you manage to "install" JavaFIBS if you can't unzip? You can try http://www.winzip.com/ for an unzipper. I think you can still use a free trial for it.

burper

diane

QuoteHow did you manage to "install" JavaFIBS if you can't unzip

That is an interesting story :)

I had winzip, and installed java, then my son downloaded something else - which stoppped winzip working (and java properly).  Webrunner helped me get rid of that, but now i still cant unzip stuff - and since last time everything went belly up - havent had the heart to go trying to get it again - in fact i havent been able to download stuff for ages now - so cant get all the good stuff like netscape that i wanted.  This is a very unhappy machine  :(   I put off doing anything about it, short term, based on that dream i have of getting a better one quite soon.  :D  

webrunner

Zipgenius is  nice too.. a little bit more userfriendly for beginners.
And some nice extra tools like a password manager and ftp client.

http://www.zipgenius.it/index_eng.htm

Loads of features like multiple zip open enad transferring files from one zip to another, (look here), connect to virusscanner, backup, etc. etc.

And..... free!  :jump:  
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

diane

ok, thx once again folks - http://www.7-zip.org worked a treat - and i can  now unzip stuff!! I have the board - off to see what else i have lying around that needs unzipping :)

alef

I've been tweaking my Blue & White board for a while and now have put up version 2 for download. Changes:
- textured background
- undo arrow in middle
- narrower bar
- shadows in same direction
- piece edges smoother
- pieces and points align better

volpe

i'd always installed your board...
when i set up a new windows i first only had the standard-boards of javafibs. and i lost nearly every match...
when i loaded your skin again my bad luck was broken :D
it's the best!!

paulie

I have taken Alef's good-looking board and just increased it in size about a factor of 1.4.  That size seems good to me.  I've called it big_alef and attached is a zip file containing the files needed.  Obviously you can name it whatever you please, but it is still Alef's design.

Nice work, Alef!
I try to avoid experience; most experience is bad.   -Wilde

paulie

I have made a further mod to Alef's board.  I found that the points weren't contrasting enough for me, so I darkened the dark ones.  If anyone wants, I can zip up the whole shebang again.  For some reason, just using the background.png won't work correctly.  Somehow the board got shifted by 3 pixels in both x and y directions, so the normal.metrics and reverse.metrics files had to be adjusted accordingly.  It might have something to do with having to export the new file out of Gimp, but I'm not sure.  I am a new Gimp user and haven't figured out how to use all the features yet.

paulie

I redid the board from my previous post so that the original .metrics files would work.  If you downloaded what I called alef_big, you can use this background.png in its place.