News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

Game 3, move 10: Roderick 6-6

Started by diane, July 25, 2013, 09:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

Roderick

Ok.  A 2nd set of sixes.  As though the first set wasn't bad enough!

If I maintain my backgame I essentially have nothing.  I need to place checkers too deep or too awkwardly.  It's a disaster.  I was just playing a 2-4 backgame yesterday when I got 3's.  playing slightly awkwardly was wrong over 21/18(2) and shuffling the spares by about 0.05...  And that was when I could still maintain some semblance of a board without coming to the bar.

I suspect that in this position not transitioning from a backgame to 2-point holding game is much worse, given the resulting homeboard and checker distribution elsewhere.

I'll play 21/9(2)

Roderick

Roderick

Haven't really assessed it but since I've transitioned from a good backgame and have a weaker position there may be some interest in a cube, FYI.

I'm stuck on the deuce, you have 2 directs and I have another blot out there.  Should at least cross one's mind, even if it's wrong (not saying it is or isn't).  And you're up by a lot in the race.  Of course, you do have some bad rolls.  ;-)

And I'd take, of course, if I was cubed.