News:

NEW! Get all Tourneybot Results from the new Board here: http://www.fibsboard.com/tourneybot-results/

Main Menu

Montecarlo Won't Resume ;(

Started by fowgre, November 15, 2005, 04:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fowgre

My last match with MonteCarlo was saved because my mouse crapped out because of exhausted batteries. I've tried to resume the match dozens of times over the past 24 hours, but the bot just ignores my requests. An email to ComputerPlayer___MonteCarlo@gamercafe.com has also been ignored. Is this kind of bot behaviour acceptable?

tryout

It seems that MonteCarlo only invites to resume and doesn't accept such invites.

If nothing helps try to contact the owner; perhaps by sending a FIBS message to the bot. And I guess that the "ComputerPlayer___" part doesn't belong to the email, but ought to point out what MonteCarlo is.

Hth.

GammonLeague -- Join free Backgammon tournaments
[size=8] [/size]
FIBS TEAM League -- Play Backgammon with friends in a team

boomslang

Hi fowgre,

I had the same experience with MonteCarlo...

Turned out it was on villains list, so when i invited MC to resume, I could not see its counter invites...

D'uh !       :-)  

fowgre

Hey!

It didn't occur to me that the "ComputerPlayer___" prefix might have to be dropped, and my emails didn't get bounced back, but you may be right just the same.

It also didn't occur to me that I might have stuck MonteCarlo in my villians list, which I did (because they all cheat ROFL). I removed the entry and problem solved.

Thanks to both of you for being nice enough to respond.

Greg