News:

Subscribe to Fibsboard for just £5 a year - get a special badge! VIP Articles and Links and much more..ensure our future and earn real kudos with your friends and enemies alike! http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

Info about F3

Started by adrian, September 24, 2008, 08:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrian

Hello to all F3 players,

I will be very brief, so I will insert here my email exchange with BushSucks, about F3 tourney:
(apologies to BS, I didn't got his permission to post his message here, but I have no time for composing an elaborate explanation)

BushSucks:

Hello Adrian,

from what I know there has been no F3 in September yet.
Can you host tomorrow?
What are your plans for fridays3?
I think we will need to look for another, new TD.

Me, I am no longer hosting F3 events. Maybe I will be there as a backup TD, but not more than
one Friday per month. Of course, I will support and coach any new TD in the future. If I can help, I will do it.

I hope you have the power and determination to run F3 in the future.
We should discuss this issue finally over the next few days, and after that announce your/our ideas in public then.

Please let me know what you think, tanks.

My reply:

I like to host tourneys, I have the determination but I don't have enough time. I am building my house, where I am doing the electrical wiring, the sewage, water supply and the heating systems. For the other works , I hired professionals. I LOVE what I do, more than F3 or other tourneys. Point is, when I have time , I will host. Manxcat/WildThing can host (some kind of ) F3 with TourneyBot. I have no other ideas right now.

Seeya around folks !   :smile:

Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

Tom

Quote from: adrian on September 24, 2008, 08:32:04 PM
Point is, when I have time , I will host. Manxcat/WildThing can host (some kind of ) F3 with TourneyBot. I have no other ideas right now.

I would be happy to set up an F3 in TourneyBot, but I will want a list of people who can help TD.
We will also need one person who will get the Tourney Report emails to update the F3 points, etc.

The TDs can also help get people to join, some have said people do not respond to the Robot SPAM

tom

adrian

My personal "quest" -building my own house- will end (for now) in mid December, when I will move in. I will continue to finish the outside next year. Until then I must be there and work along with the rest of the crew. Luckily, I didn't have to sell my laptop, (even tho I will have no furniture except bed mattress), so starting from (approx.) Christmas, I will be able to host F3 again, on weekly basis. Any help  from my TD friends to host F3 is welcome and will not be forgotten.

Cya all , and happy rolls..

PS. Of course, when I will have a few spare minutes, I will be on line, for Nacci or League. Rolling the dice relaxes me or gives me my daily adrenaline shot. Both are welcome :-)

With  :wub:, to all.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

adrian

Hello my friends, below is the bracket from 2nd of January 2009.
Standings for January:

PHunter - 14 points
Zbilbo - 10 points
cassandra,rossa,sweets,sunray,adrian,rif_raf,supermane,socksey,rollingfool,rockfish,Miccimalou,iowcoops,
PersianLord,manxcat,yourfuturexwife - 2 points.

For your pleasure , I attached kibitz/whisper.txt and shouts.txt from the tourney.

I am thinking and searching for some (virtual for now..) prizes to be awarded every month to the winner.  B)

Kari_Grandi

Hi Adrian,

good to see, that my 'baby' is alive and kicking. You do a great job  :thumbsup2:

adrian

Hello my friends, below is the bracket from 9th of January 2009.
Standings for January:

adrian - 16 points
Phunter - 14 points
Kari_Grandi and zbilbo - 10 points
iowcoops,manxcat,yourfuturexwife,socksey,rossa,rif_raf - 4 points each
cassandra,Miccimalou,PersianLord,rockfish,rollingfool,sunray,supermane
sweets,pilogen ,RickrInSF,spielberg,Tom,evenif,Feklhr,Picasso,nstensaker,diane - 2 points each

Nice to see again more than 16 players!

Three more sessions left for this month.

Hope to see all of you on Fibs next Saturday at 1100 Dallas time or 1700 UTC!  :thumbsup2:

adrian

Hello my friends, below is the bracket from 16th of January 2009.
Standings for January:

1. adrian - 16 points
2. Phunter - 14 points
3. socksey, Kari_Grandi and don - 12 points
6. zbilbo - 10 points
7. iowcoops,diane,manxcat,yourfuturexwife,rossa,rif_raf,rockfish, spielberg - 4 points each
boilermaker,cassandra,cowgirl,dorbel,DuckandDive,evenif,Feklhr,fortuna,Miccimalou,nstensaker,
PersianLord,Picasso,pilogen ,RickrInSF,rollingfool,stog,strijka,sunray,supermane,sweets,Tom,truckergirl - 2 points each.

Hope to see all of you on Fibs next Friday at 1100 Dallas time or 1700 UTC! 

adrian

Hello my friends, below is the bracket from 23rd of January 2009.
Standings for January:

1. adrian - 18 points
2. dorbel,Phunter  and socksey - 14 points each
5. don,Kari_Grandi and zbilbo - 12 points each
8. chopos - 8 points
9. yourfuturexwife - 6 points
10. boilermaker,cowgirl,diane,fortuna,iowcoops,manxcat,pilogen,spielberg,stog - 4 points each
19.blotsalot,cassandra,DuckandDive,evenif ,Feklhr,jimeez,Miccimalou,nstensaker,nubie,PersianLord
Picasso,RickrInSF,rif_raf,rockfish,rollingfool,rossa,runnerup,Slipshod,strijka,sunray,supermane
sweets,Tom,truckergirl - 2 points each.

See all of you on Fibs next Friday at 1100 Dallas time or 1700 UTC!  The champion for January is not yet known..

adrian

Hello my friends, below is the bracket from 30th of January 2009.

Standings for January:

1. adrian - 18 points and champion for January  :laugh:
2. socksey - 16 points  :thumbsup2:
3. don,dorbel,PHunter,verystripeyzebra,zbilbo - 14 points each  :sleep:

8. Kari_Grandi - 12 points
9. papillon - 10 points
10. chopos - 8 points
11. boilermaker,rossa,spielberg,yourfuturexwife- 6 points each.
15. cowgirl,diane,fortuna,iowcoops,manxcat,nubie,pilogen,RickrInSF,rif_raf,rockfish,Slipshod,stog - 4 points each
27. autumn,Backwoods,blotsalot,cassandra,DirtyHarry,DuckandDive,evenif ,Feklhr,jimeez,Miccimalou,nstensaker
PersianLord,Picasso,rollingfool,runnerup,sarah,strijka,sunray,supermane,sweets,Tom,truckergirl,WiFi,yonay - 2 points

Bye bye until next Friday, at 1100 Dallas time or 1700 UTC !

adrian

Hello my friends, below are the results from 6th of February 2009. (TourneyBot, #2793)

1. socksey - 12 points
2. don - 8 points
3. iowcoops zbilbo -2 pts.
5. Zorba sunray burton jackdaddy - 2 pts.
9. erdbeere Slipshod lilalu Kari_Grandi Cloxo manxcat cowgirl - 2 pts.

Many thanks to socksey and Spielberg, who were hosting in my absence.

See you next Friday!

adrian

Bye all, was nice being around so much time. I may be around for League matches , no promises tho. Real life is much more demanding these times

Zorba

Enjoy the REAL life, adrian! Thx for your tourneys  :thumbsup2:
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

stog

yep thx adrian - real life qu'est-ce? :)

socksey

Kissessssss until you return!   :wub:

socksey

"Men occasionally stumble over truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

socksey

I'm posting what I found for Fri, 03 Apr 09, TB #2880:

1.  adz  14
2.  chopos  10
3.  adrian, yonay,  4 each
5.  disfunction, TFugitive, zbilbo, suap, blotsalot, Kari_Grandi,  2 each
11. Backwoods socksey Feklhr don disfunction jonnyray TFugitive jackdaddy
     Tom antiant reformed

socksey

socksey

TourneyBot: |2897: [single] Fridays 3 Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)| |Fri, 10 Apr 09 18:24 UTC|:

1.  Slipshod  12
2.  yonay  8
3.  manxcat, rockfish, sixty_something  2 each

socksey

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices." - Voltaire

socksey

TourneyBot: |2906: [single] Fridays 3 Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)| |Fri, 17 Apr 09 17:58 UTC|:

1.  socksey  12
2.  zbilbo  8
3.  sunray  4
4.  cowgirl supermane blotsalot  2 each

socksey

"You moon the wrong person at an office party and suddenly you're not "professional" any more." - Jeff Foxworthy

socksey

TourneyBot: |2918: [single] Fridays 3 Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)| |Fri, 24 Apr 09 17:54 UTC|:

1.  Zorba  12
2.  pck  8
3.  adrian, Spooge,  4
5.  zbilbo, johnwayne, BGgreekplayer, Kari_Grandi,  2

socksey

"If a three year old kid tells you that you are ugly -- you probably are." - Tim Hylka

socksey

TourneyBot: |2928: [single] Fridays 3 Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)| |Fri, 01 May 09 17:35 UTC|:

1.  fibs  12
2.  reformed  8
3.  ana, rockfish,  2

socksey

"I predict you will sink step by step into a bottomless quagmire, however much you spend in men and money." - Charles De Gaulle on Vietnam War

socksey

TourneyBot: |2939: [single] Fridays 3 Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)| |Fri, 08 May 09 18:04 UTC|:

1.  bleicher  14
2.  CharlieBravo  10
3.  LuckyDice, mano,  4
5.  zbilbo, Leudwulf, resh_lakish, yonay,  2

socksey

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the decision." – Anonymous