News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

Accessibility

Started by stog, February 28, 2010, 02:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

I was asked about the Visual Accessibility of the Site..

The content texts of this website have a relative font size, which means that they can be resized according to your needs.

To edit the size of the text

With various navigators :
   Ctrl + mouse wheel
Internet Explorer :
   View >> Text size and pick your size
Mozilla, Firefox or Netscape :
   Ctrl & + to increase and Ctrl & - to decrease the font size
Opera :
   press + or - . Or go to View >> Zoom and choose your size

also you can change colour /look and layout of the site by going to Profile (top menu) choose layout - and then choose a different theme - but remember some features may not be available in other themes - best is this default theme!

having looked at and tested some access key solutions, under w3c, there remains i think a clash with browser tab choice, so i have not implemented all access keys, but if you need an improved approach here please contact us at webmaster@fibsboard.com

mobile wap2 access is auto but to see how it looks try http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?action=forum;wap

jockygerald

the color combination of this site is very cool to eyes.

dorbel

I think that it is excellent, one of the best that I have seen.

moonshadow

Quote from: stog on February 28, 2010, 02:31:55 PM
To edit the size of the text

Mozilla, Firefox or Netscape :
   Ctrl & + to increase and Ctrl & - to decrease the font size

I especially like the relative font size option.

For Mac OS users its not the "Control" key but the "COMMAND" key that one must press with the "+" or "-" key to res-size.

A second way for those with Mac multi-touch trackpad (viz, all current laptops)  to quickly re-size:

With any 2 fingers on the multi-touch  trackpad spread them apart--font size will increase. To decrease font size, do the opposite--bring the  2 fingers together.