News:

new backgammon problem in backgammon articles  (under the shoutbox on the right of the Front page) http://www.fibsboard.com/gnubg-gammonline-html-output-test-p78
thx zorba

Main Menu

BG Boards Made by ian_norway

Started by Naavanaxx, November 05, 2011, 12:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naavanaxx

Hey to all..

On behalf of ian_norway, please note pictures of boards he made. As far as I understood, boards include laser cut and hand made brass; the opening and closing hinges are invisible to the outside so the board stands up perfectly straight; teak from South America best sort-bees waxed with special wax from Brasil; best quality felt, rubber backed for perfect roll; 50-year old bake lite checkers from Carol J. Cole.

Please address all comments and replies to ian_norway.
Hope you'll like it and enjoy it. Have a good one! Thank you.
"For whereas the mind works in possibilities, the intuitions work in actualities, and what you intuitively desire, that is possible to you. Whereas what you mentally or "consciously" desire is nine times out of ten impossible. Hitch your wagon to star, or you will just stay where you are."

manxcat

Very nice, and turquoise - my favorite color ;;_))
I would rather be villified for doing the right thing, than be praised for doing the wrong thing. -unknown, very likely it was me.

ian_norway

a note from ian_norway

thx to naavanaxx for posting my board as a result of a friendly chat at fibs.
the outside of the board is made from leather as is the handle.
I made the handle clasps from brass,these press down when the board is being played on.
The felt points were cut using a co2 filled chamber-took a while to get the right level of co2 to cut the points which when applied to the background felt show almost no cut line at all, so the checkers glide smoothly.
Have to admit i had a little help from a master cabinet maker who showed me how to make latice joints.

Hope you like the board !!

diane

It is lovely - well done, I hope you get lots of enjoyment playing on it!
Never give up on the things that make you smile

moonshadow

Very well done. That's not a board, that's a work of art. And though I realize this is subjective, I really do like that color scheme.

I was playing a match and saw the shouts about this board and your appeals to get someone to post the pictures. As I tend to regard with a great deal of skepticism claims made by "shouters" in general, I thought at best your board would be mediocre and not that exceptional.  Its not often I'm wrong (smile) but I freely confess my prejudice was unfounded and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw those pics.

Murg

Has anyone heard of 'Fourbes' Backgammon boards?